Bought a BMW classic..... A K1.

luke scott

Reaction score
Registered in 1992. 20,090 miles, the 90 miles have been done since 2003 :eek:. Red & Yellow (Ronald Mc Donald livery :augie). The previous owner has kept it in his house and only used it "to keep it alive" as he said himself. I have never sseen such a well maintained bike. He drained all the petrol out when not in use.... Oil was changed regularly (he loved maintainance work :augie), brand new tyres (Michelin Pilot Road 3) and zero miles since fitted. He let the bike slip over in his driveway and scuffed the side panel so rather than repaint it he bought two new ones and new decals and had them painted and stickered up. (The scratched panel and other good one are included in the sale :).) Also included is a brand new bevel box (final drive ) in yellow that he bought from Motorworks or Motobins (I need to look at reciept) because they were having a sale at the time :bow. And the best news is that the price is MUCH cheaper than UK or German prices :clap. Deposit paid this morning and bike coming home with me in the morning. The pics are from the ad, I'll post better ones when I get it home.

Attachments

• Full-11120465.jpeg
    Full-11120465.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 695
  • Full-11120464.jpeg
    Full-11120464.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 683
  • Full-11120471.jpeg
    Full-11120471.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 691
I can't recall the last time I felt so jealous.

Good man.

If for any reason you feel you can't live with it, I'm prepared to help you out. :thumb2

Nice....:thumb

I'm having my recently acquired K1 delivered in a couple of days too...:beerjug:

Well done on finally getting it, Luke - don't remember how many years you've you been after one :D

I have a friend in Belfast who has one he wants to sell (it's NOT advertised) - pm me if you want contact details / info

I've seen it , but not inspected ( blue + yellow bits from memory ?)

:beerjug:

I've just been looking through the advert photos and that's one properly looked after bike. I've never understood why so many people polish the tank etc but never bother with other painted parts such as the frame and wheels.

I thought that I was the only person who polished the gear change shield on a K1. Obviously not. :D

Interesting to read that it had been converted to take touring cases and now converted back with all new parts.

Does it have the soft luggage Luke? I see that Motobins still have the Multivario tankbag to fit K1 and KRS 16v.

Interesting to read that it had been converted to take touring cases and now converted back with all new parts.

Does it have the soft luggage Luke? I see that Motobins still have the Multivario tankbag to fit K1 and KRS 16v.

Mike, a previous owner cut of the rear plastic :eek: and fitted hard panniers and racks. My seller bought it and then bought all the rear plastic from BMW and had it re sprayed etc etc. This is basically a new bike (plastics) and all the bits he took off are supplied to show why he replaced them. Even the rear pegs had been cut up by the pannier fitter :confused: so my seller fitted brand new pegs and the bracket they are attached to.

Poor old Den, he'll be sitting there sobbing over his cornflakes in the morning :comfort

The K1 always reminds me of that tennis player girl scratching her bum walking away from the camera.......there were two posters that everyone had way back when....One was the tennis girl, the other was a K1 :thumb2

Lovely bike, enjoy :clap

I've just been looking through the advert photos and that's one properly looked after bike. I've never understood why so many people polish the tank etc but never bother with other painted parts such as the frame and wheels.

I thought that I was the only person who polished the gear change shield on a K1. Obviously not. :D

You're not alone Mike

My engine cases on the GSA get done with Mer, along with the headers & Cat collector box, rims, Telelever & rear subframe

All shinier than a shiny thing

So I'm just home after collecting the bike. Bloody hell, I forgot you have to tuck your legs up under your armpits to ride the K1. I'll be taking yoga classes to stretch my legs. My son took all the spare parts home in the car. Here's the good bit...... I open the box marked "K1 bevel" and inside is a brand new yellow final drive unit. :clap :clap. So I called BMW in Dublin and gave them the part number from the box :augie and it costs €1100.45 ex vat so around €1500 including vat :eek: :eek: So I wonder should I put it on ebay ? Will it fit other K models ?

Back
Top Bottom