Bike Cover

Thanks Mike. Looking a bit dry down there.. Due some showers and thunderstorms next week up here, you may get a chance to see how waterproof they are:D

Bike covers orders all done and posted :thumby:
Not making any for a couple of weeks off to play in Austria :D
Had a request from an inmate for a larger cover to fit over the instrument pod and attach to the screen support bar on the ADV model.
Once back will make up one and see if its ok. Will post pictures if it works out.
Another question was about the material it is made from. It is not heat proof so wont rest on a hot exhaust... We use heavy duty ripstop waterproof nylon. It is used double thickness as it has a silver inner that helps insulate the seat/tank from suns rays, no hot seat and will reduce paint fade. Bags use large plastic zips so no rust and easy to use with gloves.
Any other questions just pm me.
Thanks

Back from holidays so covers are available and Sue making a new version for the ADV that should attach to the screen support covering the instruments as well. Will post pics once done.
Picture of covers doing the job in Austria, think it was wetter out of the pool than in. Top of Stelvio didn't stop long enough to put covers on, a very fresh 1 deg without the wind chill.

Attachments

• austria 2013 012.jpg
    austria 2013 012.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 319
  • Stevio snow.jpg
    Stevio snow.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 317
''Sue making a new version for the ADV that should attach to the screen support covering the instruments as well. Will post pics once done.''

Was going to order standard........but will now wait to see these!:thumb

Hi Ted,

Glad to see you enjoyed your Austria trip.

I need a favour. Unfortunately I dropped my bike a couple of weeks ago. A dopey bloody pedestrian wearing headphones stepped out from behind a bus while I was filtering up to a red light on Borough High st and my reaction time did not allow me to avoid her and keep the bike upright. I like to think that my sub-concious decided I should drop the bike rather than smashing the supid women's hip but I cant be sure.

Anyway, I'm fine, she got away with just a bruised leg but the bike took some damage to the right hand side. Not knowing how serious the damage to the cylinder was (I have no mecanical knowledge or skill) I had it recovered to BMW for repair and am claiming on my insurance.

BMW did a full assesment and sent a £4200 quote to the insurance company who accepted it straight away (they will get their money back off me as my premiums will sky rocket as the broker says it will be treated as a 'fault claim').

So I'm getting a new final drive, new rear silencer, new cylinder cover and other bits and pieces to repair the cylinder, new seat, new mudguards, new ignition and a new mirror to name a few of the items. I guess I will have to refer to the bike as a "half '06 half '13" model going forward :D

I'm also getting a new Top box so I will need to trouble you for a replacement strip of sticky back velcro for my cover. Are you able to supply this? Happy to re-emburse you via paypal.

Thanks
Mike

''Sue making a new version for the ADV that should attach to the screen support covering the instruments as well. Will post pics once done.''

Was going to order standard........but will now wait to see these!:thumb

New GSA cover just tried on the bike, first sunny day..
It attaches to the top screen support on the larger GSA screen and offers some protection to instruments. If you have anything fixed to the top rail, gps camera etc may not fit round. I have gps and camera mounts but they are on the lower rail behind instruments and it covers them ok.
Slightly different construction as you can see from top shot, centre seam and longer top tab as well as slightly fuller to accommodate the GSAs broader tank but still let the steering lock operate without pulling the cover. Also now secures to rear brake pedal as all new ones will for both GS & GSA, makes it that bit quicker to get on and off.
Price is £3 dearer at £46 posted recorded delivery standard one still £43 posted. Only making them as requested at the moment as Sue has a proper job to do along with teaching. Should take no more than a week from order to delivery though.
Thanks.

Attachments

• GSA 1.jpg
    GSA 1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 266
  • GSA3.jpg
    GSA3.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 272
  • GSA2.jpg
    GSA2.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 270
Have a four covers made up. 2 for Standard GS and 2 for the Adventure. The standard will fit on both models. Keep the wet and frost off the bike when parked up without having to carry a full bike cover.:thumby:

Have a four covers made up. 2 for Standard GS and 2 for the Adventure. The standard will fit on both models. Keep the wet and frost off the bike when parked up without having to carry a full bike cover.:thumby:

Ted,
I'll have one please, the Adv one .... I'm sure somewhere in this thread it tells me how, what, where and when for paying...Can you remind me please,
The price etc etc. Thanks
Regards
Terry D

Only a couple of post back, 128.:thumb Pictures of the covers and fitting etc. Have PMed you with details
Cheers Ted

Bump. Couple of pictures of one on a new LCGS and ADV extended version. Keeping the rain off when camping good to keep helmet etc under if charging a bluetooth unit from the bike.

Attachments

• New GSLC.jpg
    New GSLC.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 371
  • GSA2.jpg
    GSA2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 368
  • bikes and tent.jpg
    bikes and tent.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 365
Made up a couple for 1150 GSA owners but no pictures as yet. Slightly different shape and tricky to fit to the topbox as no side grab rail and hoop that holds on the topbox restricts mounting position.
Wirral not to far from us. If you want to pop over sometime, if the rain ever stops, we can have a look at the bike and see what we can do.
Ted

Might do that this summer...
Thanks

I will be working at Ewloe over the summer so a bit closer again :)

Made up a couple for 1150 GSA owners but no pictures as yet. Slightly different shape and tricky to fit to the topbox as no side grab rail and hoop that holds on the topbox restricts mounting position.
Wirral not to far from us. If you want to pop over sometime, if the rain ever stops, we can have a look at the bike and see what we can do.
Ted

Only 2 standard GS ones left and one is poss sold, let me know if you want one Ian :thumby:
Mad busy at the moment. Getting married in 2 weeks and then off on our summer jaunt to Turkey and all points south eastish... so likely be the last ones for a couple of months... hard life but we struggle on.

Back
Top Bottom