It was a dark & stormy night, and the rain came down in torrents...

really pleased for you mike - thats a stunning bike :beerjug:

Glad to see you've got a sweet looking replacement :thumb2
Slightly off topic but what camera do you use Mike? Your photos are superb!

Glad to see you've got a sweet looking replacement :thumb2
Slightly off topic but what camera do you use Mike? Your photos are superb!

I've always used Canon S series compacts - I'm currently using an S95. My cameras live a hard life and do well if they survive a couple of years...

Mike :D

place bets for a colour change soon :D

boxes staying?

good you got sorted mr o

Hiya Mike,

As others have said, always enjoy reading your in-depth ride reports and it was a shock to get the bit where it all went up in flames.

So glad you're sorted with a replacement. That was PDQ :thumb

I hope you and the new steed enjoy as many happy miles ( and more) as you did on the old one.

All the best

Phil

13th December 2012

i-gttLTZs-L.jpg

Mike, that is the best ride report I've read so far, brilliant stuff. A question that a couple of others have asked though, how do you take pictures on the move and with such clarity?

It was a dark & stormy night, and the rain came in torrents...

Hi Mike, was really enjoying your road report, and then OMG,:eek: makes you wonder, how would i deal with that situation. A few years ago, i was driving the company van down a dual carriageway when i passed a guy, out of his car on the side of the road, flames coming out from under the bonnet, i felt so sorry for the guy, running round his car tearing his hair out,:blast i was thinking there is nothing i can do to help him, about a minute or so later, thinking about the guys plight i remember seeing a extinguisher in the van about 6 months earlier, of course the next exit to turn off and go back was a good few miles down the road, don`t think there would be much left to put out :augie Being a new person to bike travel, i have a question to put to you. Have you or do any other gsers think the use fire extinguishers, say mounted on the panniers or there abouts would be a good idea, i have looked around the forums to see if i have missed any information on the subject ? Rick.

Hi Mike, was really enjoying your road report, and then OMG,:eek: makes you wonder, how would i deal with that situation. A few years ago, i was driving the company van down a dual carriageway when i passed a guy, out of his car on the side of the road, flames coming out from under the bonnet, i felt so sorry for the guy, running round his car tearing his hair out,:blast i was thinking there is nothing i can do to help him, about a minute or so later, thinking about the guys plight i remember seeing a extinguisher in the van about 6 months earlier, of course the next exit to turn off and go back was a good few miles down the road, don`t think there would be much left to put out :augie Being a new person to bike travel, i have a question to put to you. Have you or do any other gsers think the use fire extinguishers, say mounted on the panniers or there abouts would be a good idea, i have looked around the forums to see if i have missed any information on the subject ? Rick.

with the amount of fuel a GSA can hold the best option is to get the feck away. a fire extinguisher small enough tocarry on a bike would have little or no impact under that situation:eek

but when we see our pride and joy go up all reason goes out the window.

with mike and that bike spending 160k + together going through that his reason went out the window without opening it , however being the professional ride reporter he is he threw himself into the fray to make sure it was reported properly complete with photos:eek::eek:

Nutter:eek::D:D:D

Mike, that is the best ride report I've read so far, brilliant stuff. A question that a couple of others have asked though, how do you take pictures on the move and with such clarity?

It's a complicated process of getting the camera out of its pouch on my belt, taking the picture and then replacing it...

Mike :D

ps If you don't feel confident in being able to do this yourself, please don't attempt it blah, blah... :cool:

As Chad has said, it's a contingency that you can't really equip for. Motorcycling has risks - some you can guard against and some you have to accept. I guarded against this eventuality with insurance...

Mike :cool:

Back
Top Bottom