100,000 miles

Keep riding it until it melts .... then bury it :thumb

It owes me nuthin' ... I owe it plenty ;)

Now aiming to get 100k out of the Xcountry ;)

But yes ... It's capable of another 100,000 miles. I'd set off on another 'Long Way Home' trip on it without reservation .... it's now me, and not the bike, that is doubtful :rob

:beerjug:

Ride it to the grave... the bike that is, not your good self sir. I'm loving this tale, keeping me inspired to keep my bike as far past 100K as possible with a bit of tlc and patience. My next bike however, I want to do as you have Micky and go from PDI onwards... No idea what my next bike will be, but you have put the F800GS on my radar.
Well done and keep going...

Ride it to the grave... the bike that is, not your good self sir. I'm loving this tale, keeping me inspired to keep my bike as far past 100K as possible with a bit of tlc and patience. My next bike however, I want to do as you have Micky and go from PDI onwards... No idea what my next bike will be, but you have put the F800GS on my radar.
Well done and keep going...

"Ride it to the grave... the bike that is, not your good self sir"

Whichever comes first is not a problem :rob

It is my great pleasure to be of help and assistance .... thank you :thumb

100,000 miles has taken it's toll on the handgrips :eek:

L1020758-L.jpg

L1020759-L.jpg

So a job I've been meaning to do is fit some 'Puppy' :D
Magnet, of this parish, fitted some to her F800GS and they came highly recommended. Looked good, comfortable, and don't interfere with the heated grips too much. Very very rare I would ever use them on full anyway :eek:

L1020760-L.jpg

L1020761-L.jpg

Sportouring are the people :thumb

Micky, what are those levers you are using? Do they shorten the reach? I find the std ones too far to reach and have to readjust my hand....

Cheers, you're an inspiration!

Micky, what are those levers you are using? Do they shorten the reach? I find the std ones too far to reach and have to readjust my hand....

Cheers, you're an inspiration!

Ha ha ... an inspiration ... ha ha :eek:

The levers are from Wunderlich, not particularly cheap, but ....

I bought them initially as 'bling', to make the 'bike look good. I have my own ideas on bling, it has to look good in its own right, and must do the same job, or better, than the original ... and not be bling for blings sake. F'rinstance, the Touratech and Wunderlich alloy chain guards for the F800Gs and the F & G 650's too, don't protect half as good as the plastic originals, so that would be a no no for me :nono

So while originally bought for bling I soon found them extremely comfortable, and an old wrist/thumb injury (wrote a police Norton Rotary Interpol off) and I could comfortably use the clutch lever on full left lock .... something I had previously had great difficulty/pain doing .... result :thumb

The span and the length of the levers are fully adjustable :thumb

Hope this helps ;)

It's amazing the difference decent ergonomics make to the overall ride of a bike, tweaking lever span, rotating bars a couple of degrees or adding risers, lowering seat height etc... Worth taking the time to getting your bike set up for your height / shape / religious beliefs...

Micky - your levers are not expensive, whatever they cost... if you'd brought them and only done a couple of thousand miles I'd call them a waste of money, but your marathon mileage is £ well spent.

Great job, thats something else in the short time. Good to see you have been all over with it, the nail through the tread is a beauty quite jammy for it to go through like that.

Hope the next 100K are as much fun..

Thanks ... but have to confess to using the X-Country for the Easter trip to the Scottish Borders, but 106,000 miles on the ol' gal now ...

... and running as sweet as ever :thumb

Thanks ... but have to confess to using the X-Country for the Easter trip to the Scottish Borders, but 106,000 miles on the ol' gal now ...

... and running as sweet as ever :thumb

Hi Micky it never ceases to amaze me the amount if miles you put on your bike, keep up the good work sir : )

WOW !!!

Just read this thread start to finish, well done !! it's not just the mileage it's the condition also !!

Nice one & thanks for the pics. :cool:

Well done Micky! I enjoy reading your posts, and benefitted greatly from riding with you over ten years ago as a customer when you ran your Advanced Rider Training business, and 'persuaded' me to progress to my IAM bike test with Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists. Very happy days riding with my first GS and some excellent company in the UK and on a Nurburgring trip with Swooper and others. Cheers!

WOW !!!

Just read this thread start to finish, well done !! it's not just the mileage it's the condition also !!

Nice one & thanks for the pics. :cool:

Well done Micky! I enjoy reading your posts, and benefitted greatly from riding with you over ten years ago as a customer when you ran your Advanced Rider Training business, and 'persuaded' me to progress to my IAM bike test with Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists. Very happy days riding with my first GS and some excellent company in the UK and on a Nurburgring trip with Swooper and others. Cheers!

Thank you guys :thumb

Now at 110,000 miles the old gal has had to take a back seat while I've had a new pair of Touratech knees fitted (mit magnesium sliders) but normal service will be resumed as soon as possible ... and fuck the winter :rob

117,xxx miles and on the third stator. All else fine. Head bearings replaced and needed again. Rear wheel bearings also changed. New front brake rotor needed. F650gs 2009.

117,xxx miles and on the third stator. All else fine. Head bearings replaced and needed again. Rear wheel bearings also changed. New front brake rotor needed. F650gs 2009.

Good one Roy .... those 650's are great motorcycles :thumb

Don't be forgetting your miles over there aren't as long as our miles ;)

Back
Top Bottom