Looking to buy my 1st GS

sherlock

Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently a Varadero 1000 owner, the one with the ABS!

I have been awarded a payment for compensation so want to use the opportunity to upgrade! :beerjug:

I am looking at the BMW GS1200R Adventure, around the 2008 - 2010 year as my budget is £8-9k with pannier cases. Primary decision for buying GS is because I like big bikes, comfort and high riding position as well as reliability. I am a short arse though. (29" inside leg) :blast

I have been looking online for "Low seats", my first question therefore is how can I maintain the comfort of the original seat. Do BMW offer a "low" seat option as a part replacement (genuine BMW), or are there only aftermarket seats?? if so can I have recommendations!

Other than that, I look forward to learning from the site and anything I should know about GS's as a newbie.:bow

Why the R1200GS Adventure? Go for a non adventure GS and you will have a lower seat as well.

Welcome to the forum Sherlock. I'm a new R1200GS Adventure owner too. The bike is awesome, you will love it. I would say though that with a 29' inside leg you will definitely need a low seat ;)

Hi and welcome,
My last bike was a ABS Varadero, I have nothing but praise for it to be honest, it was fast enough very reliable and easily took me and my wife all over Europe, I fancied a change and bought GS, not had change to get away on it yet as I've only had it 2 months but it feels great and a little lighter than the Vara.

Hello,
I am currently a Varadero 1000 owner, the one with the ABS!

I have been awarded a payment for compensation so want to use the opportunity to upgrade! :beerjug:

I am looking at the BMW GS1200R Adventure, around the 2008 - 2010 year as my budget is £8-9k with pannier cases. Primary decision for buying GS is because I like big bikes, comfort and high riding position as well as reliability. I am a short arse though. (29" inside leg) :blast

I have been looking online for "Low seats", my first question therefore is how can I maintain the comfort of the original seat. Do BMW offer a "low" seat option as a part replacement (genuine BMW), or are there only aftermarket seats?? if so can I have recommendations!

Other than that, I look forward to learning from the site and anything I should know about GS's as a newbie.:bow

Here's an idea , if you subscribe to UKGSER I can PM you with a deal on a 12 plate Twin Cam GS (not GSA) that might just tick some boxes for you!
Where am in Dorset? Probably no more than 6 miles from you...no shit Sherlock! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom