The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a Q1 & would like some advice please

I chose the Q1 as all I want to do is the following;

Solo riding
Bluetooth music from the iPhone (4S)
Listen to Radio

I know the Q1 does a bit more than this but I don't, for instance, ride in groups where we all want to talk to each other, etc, etc.

Also, does anyone on here have the Q1? I will want to pair it to a BMW Navigator IV, does it pair/work?

I will be fitting it to a SYSTEM 6, anyone got one? fit etc all OK??

Any thoughts/tips greatly appreciated.

Smudge.

Smudge, did you get your Scala Q1? I got one a couple of days ago. It is brilliant with the radio. I am impressed with the quality of the speakers and the volume.
However I am having trouble with pairing it to the BMW navigator. Have you managed to sort that out?

regards,

Mario.

I think the Q1 teamtalk has "issues" pairing with the BMW Nav-IV unit. Just tried my Nav-4 in the dealers and the Scala Q1 kept disconnecting after a few seconds!

I did find this on another forum though:-

"Thank you for contacting Cardo Systems Support Center regarding our products.

Our software team is aware of this issue with the BMW Nav IV causing the Q1 device to shut off. At this point, I can provide you with a work-around that should allow the devices to pair and connect. Please try changing the Bluetooth name of your Nav IV GPS to "Zumo BMW #3867671890" without the quotation marks and let me know if you are able to pair the devices after making this change and restarting the device.

If you continue to have issues after re-maning the GPS, please ensure the name change is accepted and you perform a full reset and new pairing of the devices.

Please do a soft reset of the phone by deleting the headset from the phone and turning the phone off for at least 15 seconds and taking out the battery, if possible. I prefer leaving the phone off during the reset and pairing process of the Q1 modules and intercom connection.

In some cases you will need to perform a full reset to the GPS to allow the connections to pair properly. To reset the GPS you must hold your finger on the lower-right corner of the Zumo screen while turning on the Zumo. Keep your finger pressed until the message appears. Touch yes to clear all user data. (All original settings are restored any items that you have saved are erased.

Then Reset Bluetooth Pairing (Deletes all paired devices)1. In Standby, press “V+” for 5 seconds until LED flashes RED/BLUE.2. Press “MM” for 2 seconds until LED flashes 5 times in PURPLE.Now pair the Q1 intercom connection.1. Check both scala riders are in Standby (single BLUE flash every 3 seconds).2. On the Q1, press and hold the “IC” button for 5 seconds. The LED will begin flashing RED and the Q1 will now be in intercom pairing mode. 3. Enter intercom pairing mode on the second unit by following the device’s instructions. Both units will now be in intercom pairing mode.4. After a few seconds, the Q1 will show a solid RED light for 2 seconds, indicating that it is paired and ready to use.

Then after the Q1 modules are paired you will turn off both headsets then turn your phone/GPS/BMW Audio devices on and confirm the Q1 is no longer listed in the compatible Bluetooth devices list.Next you will pair the GPS.1. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your GPS.2. Check the scala rider is in Standby (single BLUE flash every 3 seconds).3. To pair Bluetooth Channel 1 – press “V+” for at least 5 seconds until the RED and BLUE LEDs begin rapidly alternating.4. Search for Bluetooth devices on your GPS by following the device’s instructions.5. After a few seconds the device will list “scala rider Q1”. Select it.6. If prompted for a PIN or Passkey, enter 0000 (four zeros).7. The device will confirm that pairing has succeeded and the scala rider will begin flashing slowly in BLUE.8. If Pairing is not completed within 2 minutes, the scala rider will return to Standby mode.

Last you will pair the BMW Audio System.
1. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your BMW Audio System.2. Check the scala rider is in Standby (single BLUE flash every 3 seconds).3. To pair Bluetooth Channel 2 – press “V-” for at least 5 seconds until the RED and BLUE LEDs begin rapidly alternating.4. Search for Bluetooth devices on your BMW Audio System by following the device’s instructions.5. After a few seconds the device will list “scala rider Q3”. Select it.6. If prompted for a PIN or Passkey, enter 0000 (four zeros).7. The device will confirm that pairing has succeeded and the scala rider will begin flashing slowly in BLUE.8. If Pairing is not completed within 2 minutes, the scala rider will return to Standby mode.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you with any other questions.

Best Regards,

Robert Wargo
Technical Support
Cardo Systems, Inc.

Phone: +1 412.788.4533
Fax: +1 412.788.0270
Toll Free: +1 800.488.0363
International: +49.894.503.6819
robert@cardosystems.com"

Back
Top Bottom