VFR Refresh

When I had my first VFR, I wanted the wheels done gold. Today, well, maybe not. But my biggest bugbear was the actual style of the rear wheel. I just wasn't fussed on the curved design of the spokes. Hence I bought the rear wheel of the previous model which is still, IMO, the nicest wheel for a pro-arm VFR.

When I got my second VFR750, I wasn't able to find another 8 spoke wheel, so got one of a VFR800 instead. There was a bit of machining to do to make it fit the hub, but again, I prefered it too the oe wheel of the last of the great 750 viffers.

I couldn't agree more, I love the earlier wheel style and given the choice I'd swap over to one.

However, I'm looking to complete this refresh within a budget of £100 and no more. It's a little task I've set myself to see how nice I can get it for that amount!

I'm currently up to £46 and I've yet to do an oil + filter change ....... It's gonna be tiiiiight!

I've got a spare £100... I'll bring my 1996 93,000 mile HD over for a bit of a freshen up..:thumb2

What time suits you best?

Back
Top Bottom