Any Green laning GSer's Essex area??

I have a stalker! :eek: Yep! that was me, I went to the Braintree BMW dealer with a friend who tried out a K1300s and a 1200GS watercooled......the dealer had to prise him off the GS with a crowbar!:D

Did you like my subtle attire then?:p

P.S. I shall be wearing it again tomorrow.;)

I have a stalker! :eek: Yep! that was me, I went to the Braintree BMW dealer with a friend who tried out a K1300s and a 1200GS watercooled......the dealer had to prise him off the GS with a crowbar!:D

I could hardly miss you. !!!

It will be more subtle with some Hertfordshire mud on it :thumb

ffs I have a flat tyre!!! just got all my gear on opened the garage to a screw sticking out the rear :blast..

Honestly if I had a pet fish at the moment it would drown,, It could have only happened yesterday when I got fuel about a 10 min journey.

Hi Gents, I hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself today throwing the GS into the mud 3 times like a spoilt child that needs a good smack. :blush:blush:blush

A big thank you the gents that helped it back up, I'm sorry I can't remember your names.:thumby:

Looks like knobbly tyres will be required for the next visit.:)

I hope the rest of your ride went well and I didn't slow you down too much.

A big "Thank You" to all, for the friendly welcome this morning, hope the two newbies on road tyres didn't slow you up too much and the rest of your ride went well, I will be looking forward to doing it again soon only next time better equipped :)

I spent the day pissing around fitting a new rear tyre and did a oil change, it was as much fun as sticking a pencil in my eye...

Any pics??

I'd be interested in getting along an Essex group ride. I've just moved out to Woodford and did a wee bit of green laning myself a few weeks ago. However doing it on your own isn't much fun when bikes get stuck due to an inescapable cavalier attitude.

8yi7.jpg

Didn't draw any water in but it took me + two farm hands to drag it out.
So if anyone is up for showing me some lanes that involve less swimming I'll be quite up for it.

We had a play in the Essex lanes yesterday. Was a bit wet as you found out.

There is talk of a blanket closure of the Essex byways because of the state they are in at the moment with the wet conditions.

Thought I would pitch in as I haven't been around for a bit.. The bike takes a bit of a back seat during the summer as I tend to cycle a load as soon as the sun comes out..

Heading back from my freinds place this morning and with a few hours to spare I jumped off the A414 to check out the lane condition and situation near Fyfield, had I of known I was going out for the time I was I would have posted up if anyone fancied joining me..

Well the lane that claimed me last time has dried out but is in a fairly bad state,

A picture really doesn't do it justice just how deep that rut is, 2-2 1/2 feet deep, All surrounding trails are rideable and have dried out very well..

This is a trail that I haven't ridden in ages, and it has had some extensive work since I was last here, for a greenlane it may as well be tarmac!!! this section was filled with mamouth ruts a few years back..

view from behind.

For the limited time I was out and of the trails I sore they seem to have come through the monsoon winter rather well, i just wish I could get my OS map back from my friend with all the route information that was marked on it as trying to remember all these back lanes with small turn off's can be quite hard..

Guys
We are planning big bike off road days at Blorc ( the blue light off road club) but don't seem to get much interested these days would be very happy to put an event on for you guys

Back
Top Bottom