Soft luggage for off road bikes

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
I'm off for a while on the Husky in the summer and was wondering what soft luggage people use/recommend?

I normally just bungee on a couple of roll bags and I may still just do that but I have a hankering for something a bit more posh, something along the lines of the Kriega Overland system maybe?

I'm not very familiar which what's out there, what do you guys use?

Andres

Thanks Johnny, I'd seen their website before but couldn't for the life of me remember the name - lots to look at there :)

Andres

I have two sets of Wolfman soft panniers, they're very good and much better than Ortleib.
You may want to look at Giant loops etc.

All very good but I prefer to just strap a roll bag on the back:blast

I bought a set of Wolfman from here a couple of years back but never actually got to use them. I have to remark that I was very impressed with the build quality though and really do wish I hadn't sold them on so soon.

Pricy though, can't see much advantage over the Wolfman Expedition ones
Yes, they are a bit pricy. What appeals to us (or may appeal - we haven't made any definitive decisions as we haven't even got the bikes yet) is that the Magadans are constructed of Cordura and Kevlar and are advertised as waterproof, slashproof, abrasion resistant and lockable ...

Yes, they are a bit pricy. What appeals to us (or may appeal - we haven't made any definitive decisions as we haven't even got the bikes yet) is that the Magadans are constructed of Cordura and Kevlar and are advertised as waterproof, slashproof, abrasion resistant and lockable ...

Can't see how any Cordura bag, is lockable to any degree of security................think about it:D

Similar Cordura to the Wolfman Tetron, which are the same shape and size/design construction as the Wolfman Expedition panniers, but being Cordura are way more durable than the plastic Expedition material

Wolfman Tetron at £130 a pair, seem well up to the job

There is a good discount on Wolfman bags if you are a TRF member. I have just bought a set of bags and rails for my KTM990Adv.
Only the smaller bikes I use a Giant Loop Koyote. Very good kit, though not fully waterproof so care needed when packing. They also absorb energy in the event of a fall.

T.

Can't see how any Cordura bag, is lockable to any degree of security................think about it:D

Use a Pacsafe product, keep light fingers out.
P1020419-XL.jpg

Use a Pacsafe product, keep light fingers out.
P1020419-XL.jpg

Ok ............to keep the casual passerby out

However a set of small snips and you'll be into a Pacsafe in seconds, same as hard panniers - big screwdriver and you're in

Ok ............to keep the casual passerby out

However a set of small snips and you'll be into a Pacsafe in seconds, same as hard panniers - big screwdriver and you're in

You'd best travel in one of these if your that paranoid:D
SBC%20security%20van%20made%20by%20OffRoadTrucksTrailersCo_ToyotoHino%20for%20CITmarket%5B5%5D.jpg

Similar Cordura to the Wolfman Tetron, which are the same shape and size/design construction as the Wolfman Expedition panniers, but being Cordura are way more durable than the plastic Expedition material

Wolfman Tetron at £130 a pair, seem well up to the job
I don't seem to be able to find a link for the Wolfman Tetron/Teton. May be that model has been replaced/renamed? At that price, I'd certainly be interested to have a look. Wolfman's Rocky Mountain bags look good too, but they're not cheap at £310.

I don't seem to be able to find a link for the Wolfman Tetron/Teton. May be that model has been replaced/renamed? At that price, I'd certainly be interested to have a look. Wolfman's Rocky Mountain bags look good too, but they're not cheap at £310.

These are them

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm/product/312/rocky-mountain-saddle-bags.cfm

As you say, now called Rocky Mountain and seem to have gone up a lot since they were called Teton and now come with waterproof lines:eek

I got mine from Winding Roads so have a chat with them and last year we paid about £130-£140 for a pair (Micky sorted it for me)

Add some Exped dry bags for £10 each and they're fully waterproof

Some pics of mine

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...AbfnIDQCw&sqi=2&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=785

Search Wolfman Teton Saddlebags

I'm off for a while on the Husky in the summer and was wondering what soft luggage people use/recommend?

I normally just bungee on a couple of roll bags and I may still just do that but I have a hankering for something a bit more posh, something along the lines of the Kriega Overland system maybe?

I'm not very familiar which what's out there, what do you guys use?

Andres

I too recently looked into this Andres. I'm off to Morocco end of April on the Drz. I have some old army canvas throw overs that I must have had 25 years which I could use. My concern is that owing to my propensity to throw my Drz roughly to the floor that I would end up with my belongings strewn about the Atlas mountains. The Adventure Spec Magadans do look like very well thought out bits of kit. If you read his blurb, it says about the security that there is a slash resistant membrane and the ability to thread a pac safe lock through. I'm not sure anybody is suggesting leaving your life savings in them and leaving them overnight in Peckham High Street but as suggested by others, to deter the casual light fingered passer by they look quite good. I'm not sure I am prepared to stump up that kind of money though. If I was doing a six month trip fair enough but I'm not at the mo so it seems a bit overkill. I may just do as Timolgra says and throw a roll bag on the seat. I'm not planning on taking camping gear anyway as I don't want to turn the Drz into a lardy tourer or I may as well just take the GS. I personally came to the conclusion though that the Adventure Spec ones do look to be the best out there but cheap they aint.

These are them

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm/product/312/rocky-mountain-saddle-bags.cfm

As you say, now called Rocky Mountain and seem to have gone up a lot since they were called Teton and now come with waterproof lines:eek

I got mine from Winding Roads so have a chat with them and last year we paid about £130-£140 for a pair (Micky sorted it for me)

Add some Exped dry bags for £10 each and they're fully waterproof

Some pics of mine

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...AbfnIDQCw&sqi=2&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=785

Search Wolfman Teton Saddlebags

I also have the Wolfman Tetron, which I never really got aorund to use as I got hard luggage for my 800gs. But they'll be used now that I have an xCh:D

I think the Rocky Mountain is a larger version of the Tetron, which is why the price went up, it looked like everyone wanted the Expedition bags (especially the advertising yellow ones), which could explain the disappearance.

I had a set of magadans in my hands a few weeks ago, and they are quality stuff, there are a couple of design decisions which I do not fully agree with, but quality wise they rock, and as soon as I've sold my grandmother I'll have a set.

Casper

Back
Top Bottom