PANNIER AND BOX LOCKS

telbenj

Reaction score
I've just fitted the panniers and top box to my GSA TE and when trying to lock them to the frames you have to excerpt quite some force to get the locks to turn enough to lock and remove the key, you feel like you are going to snap the key. Are they all like that
And will they ease up with use.
The locks for the lids seem fine it's just the ones to lock the boxes to the bike I've swapped the barrels from one of the boxes which worked fine on the lid but was tight just the same.

Terry :nenau:nenau

Mine are not like that at all. something wrong I would suggest.
I've just fitted the panniers and top box to my GSA TE and when trying to lock them to the frames you have to excerpt quite some force to get the locks to turn enough to lock and remove the key, you feel like you are going to snap the key. Are they all like that
And will they ease up with use.
The locks for the lids seem fine it's just the ones to lock the boxes to the bike I've swapped the barrels from one of the boxes which worked fine on the lid but was tight just the same.

Terry :nenau:nenau

Mine are not like that at all. something wrong I would suggest.

Ok thanks I shall speak to the dealer, they turn fine when not latched it's just the last bit where the lock tab contacts the flat of the lock barrell worse one is the exhaust side.

Cheers Terry

Disgraceful.......get the bike recovered to the dealer for an immediate investigation.

Ok thanks I shall speak to the dealer, they turn fine when not latched it's just the last bit where the lock tab contacts the flat of the lock barrell worse one is the exhaust side.

Cheers Terry

Mine does the same on the exhaust side, will have to mention it when it goes in for a service next week.

Cheers Terry

I feel sorry for Matt at NOG .... I spoke to him the other day and he sounded really stressed. Always gives a top service though :thumby:

Pushing the catch home to secure requires a little force but when it snaps shut you feel like it ain't going to go anywhere :thumb2

However once snapped shut my keys turns with no resistance :nenau

Jon

I feel sorry for Matt at NOG .... I spoke to him the other day and he sounded really stressed. Always gives a top service though :thumby:

Yes He is a top bloke I've no issues with the dealers but the quality seems to have slipped, from the factory though. mate at work has the same issue with his boxes.

Terry

Pushing the catch home to secure requires a little force but when it snaps shut you feel like it ain't going to go anywhere :thumb2

However once snapped shut my keys turns with no resistance :nenau

Jon

Mine snaps shut fine and is very secure the problem is turning the key to lock them on. I now understand why people keep their GS,s for years because once all the issues are sorted they are reluctant to go through all the hassles again.

Terry

Varios are the answer ....... Unfortunately to fit them to the GSA you need to swap the pillion footrests for the GS ones

Varios are the answer ....... Unfortunately to fit them to the GSA you need to swap the pillion footrests for the GS ones

Yes I noticed that, I saw one in the dealers the other day, also on the plus side you loose the ugly frame when not in use. I think that's the way I shall go on the next bike.

Terry

Mine were a bit stiff to start with but it didn't take long before they eased off. They all work very nicely now - just as you would imagine them to work.

Mine were a bit stiff to start with but it didn't take long before they eased off. They all work very nicely now - just as you would imagine them to work.

Ok great thanks, maybe a bit of bedding in required

Terry

Back
Top Bottom