Paralever bearings done.

jellybean

Reaction score
MOT guy state that the bike (GS1100 50000 miles) has pasted yet again save for the rear wheel bearing is showing a little play. He knows that I will get it sorted asap and asked if he's sure its not the Paralever bearings? No its the wheel bearing, not arguing but I know the Para bearings are kind of worn, have been for the past 4years or so!
Off with the wheel and heat up the swing arm pivot bolts to reveal right side is so badly worn, the needle rollers have left indents in the inner and was rusty.
Left side is okay but have replacements so doing both sides.
Knock out the races and replace the bearings, even marked the position of the shaft which was in very good condition with grease on the splines so it would be able to go back the way it came out!
Took around 2 hours and test rode showed it was long over due, very good in corners again and no rear tyre skipping.
Happy safe riding to one and all.

Excellent work, looks pretty easy on the YouTube videos and will be opening things up to regressed and check bearings at some point.

Took around 2 hours and test rode showed it was long over due, very good in corners again and no rear tyre skipping.
Happy safe riding to one and all.

I've never felt any skipping, or noticed one jot of difference with the handling on bikes with shagged paralever bearings, and believe me, i've ridden many over the years that have disintegrated.

Back
Top Bottom