Exciting news...

Schtum

Iconoclast
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, so Debbie Lee, Customer Services Manager at BMW Motorrad Insurance tells me in my renewal letter received today.....:nenau

It seems that BMW Motorrad have been shopping round for the best deals for us so that they continue to offer competitive rates and high quality cover to policyholders. They've now decided that the scheme will be underwritten by Equity Red Star and say this will allow them to offer the following cover benefits:

£2,000 clothing and personal belongings cover - increased from £1,000
Foreign Use - your policy now provides unlimited usage in any country which is a member of the European Union.

However, there is now a £500 excess on Legal Expenses cover which will apply to all claims, including those for death or bodily injury.

All this for a mere £160.99 a year for fully comprehensive cover on a 2013 TE. However, that is taking into account my 9 years NCD. So the full premium would really be £1609.90.....:eek:

Are you sure that 9 years gives one 90% discount? A lot of companies get to maximum NCD or perhaps 75% after a certain number of years.

You have hit on one aspect though, if your NCD is protected and you have one or more of the permitted claims then I think you are charged a far higher initial premium but still enjoy(!) whatever percentage your NCD gives whilst still paying ever higher premium...

Go figure

Back
Top Bottom