My new Baby! GS TE 2015 model

David Ryan

Reaction score
div>
iframe>
IMG_1814.jpg.html

Collected from Chester Motorrad today. A big thank you to Paul for his excellent customer service.
I know there are some on this forum that seem to have had problems with their new GS's but I must have been lucky and got one of the "GOOD" ones!
Everything is perfect
No clunk into first gear.
Beautiful gear changes
Smooth, vibration free engine
Delicious suspension
Awesome brakes
Heated grips roasting my paws!

Impressive performance, even at running in speeds.
Never ridden a GS before. Always been an in line 4 man and spent most of my time on sports bikes.
I do a lot of Euro touring and finally decided that I needed a bike built for the job.
I was expecting the GS to be a little agricultural, compared to my Fireblade. I have to say I am mightily impressed with this new bike and look forward to wafting across Europe with great speed and much comfort!
Busily farkling away already.....
I have fitted my Drift Ghost mounts
SW Motech Quick Lock Evo tank bag
Wunderlich side stand foot and Gap bag
BMW crash bars
Mudslinger and fender extender
Helicopter tape on the frame behind the foot pegs
Garmin Nav5 (Awesome)
BMW quick shift, which is fabulous. Most impressed with the down change .
Had the keyless start as well. Brilliant!!
Vario Cases
And no doubt, loads of other stuff I can't remember at the moment!!
I'm a very happy chappie!!
:thumb

Last edited:
Congratulations David :thumb2 theyre a bit of a weapon arent they! Think i need to look into getting a quick shifter retro fitted to mine judging by the positive reviews. Youre right to put the tape behind the pegs, mine is a bit scratched there now.

Glad you have a good one, you will enjoy it! Mine isn't perfect but it is still the best bike I have owned or ridden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, Bike looks fantastic.

with regards to the ram ball mounts, which one have you used on the front and back? Do you have a link or can you post a close up please

i already have the arms, it the actual balls

Ram Mounts.....
There's a very nice chap called Bob who owns a little company called Telfer Izer. Google it.
He will make Ram ball fittings attached to any thread you want. Over the years and various bikes, I have ended up with a collection of his fittings and by happy coincidence, I found I had some that were the right size for the GS!
The two I used today in the front indicator hole and in the rear rack were the same thread, which I think is 6mm metric.
If you take out the original bolt that you want to replace with a Ram ball and measure the diameter and tell Bob the length of the bolt, he will make them up for you. I think he charges about £20 a piece and he will usually send them in a couple of days.

73 miles :) your still in honeymoon period, it all went wrong for me @ 3k ..

Congrats on the new bike.:thumb

I'm glad not everyone takes any notice of all the shit stirring on here.:beerjug:

Enjoy your new bike, and thanks for the ram mount info - very useful! :beerjug:

Thanks all!
I shall await the crack of doom at 3k! Let's hope I have more luck than Ding Dong.
I have just checked and the thread pitch on the Ram balls I used is M6

put these touratech frame guards on mine, look look on the black frame, nice bike mate, enjoy:D

Attachments

• imagethumb.jpg
    imagethumb.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 845
Ignore the doom mongers and enjoy your machine. I changed my GS TE at just over 3k miles for a GSA and it never missed a heartbeat apart from kill switch replacement under recall and rear brake pads replaced under warranty as the ones fitted had a tendency to wear out too soon.

BMW now use different rear pads on the GS

Back
Top Bottom