Off road its heavy going in mud

telbenj

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I took my 2014 GSA off road down a green lane, it was pretty muddy and had deep ruts from previous vehicles. I have Conti TKC 70s fitted which are pretty good but I did find the bike heavy going in the muddy conditions the front end was sliding away I'm sure it may have been better with full knobblies like the TKC 80s.
I have done moto cross for a number of years so can handle the off road side of what these bikes are made for, but I don't think I will be attempting any more green lanes while its wet and muddy, it took all my skills to keep the thing shiny side up and I was completely knackered when I got to the end of the 5 or so mile track.
My point is hats off to all those guys that take these bikes off road to there limits as its bloody hard work.:bow I've taken it off road in dry conditions and this was far more enjoyable.

I think I will be buying my self an Enduro for my future mud plugging adventures.

How do you guys get on with your off road exploits.

PS happy new year to all :beer:

Terry :thumb

59fbc02782a618f01f24c2e91666526b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes mud is hard work and a test of nerve on the 1200. The WC is a lot better than the hexhead which was a lot more prone to front wheel wash outs.

However I must admit I would only use TKC80s off road (particularly in mud) so hats off to you on the TKC70s !

A quarter of a tonne of motorcycle on mud is heavy going?

FUCK ME, WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT!!

Hi Guys

I took my 2014 GSA off road down a green lane, it was pretty muddy and had deep ruts from previous vehicles. I have Conti TKC 70s fitted which are pretty good but I did find the bike heavy going in the muddy conditions the front end was sliding away I'm sure it may have been better with full knobblies like the TKC 80s.
I have done moto cross for a number of years so can handle the off road side of what these bikes are made for, but I don't think I will be attempting any more green lanes while its wet and muddy, it took all my skills to keep the thing shiny side up and I was completely knackered when I got to the end of the 5 or so mile track.
My point is hats off to all those guys that take these bikes off road to there limits as its bloody hard work.:bow I've taken it off road in dry conditions and this was far more enjoyable.

I think I will be buying my self an Enduro for my future mud plugging adventures.

How do you guys get on with your off road exploits.

PS happy new year to all :beer:

Terry :thumb

I may have just the thing for you:augie

Gravel tracks are as far off road as mine will be going, while I own it.:augie:D

Oh, and the odd field!:p

I use to use my 1150 in winter conditions (when I was in condition) I found when you where on form and riding the bike rather than riding on the bike it worked rather well - that was with TKC's and a if in doubt give more gas attitude

You really need enduro tyres fitting for proper off roading, it doesn't take much to have an off, like they say, picking them up when you are tired and slipping around in the mud will take all the fun away unless you are riding with pals.
I've not ridden the 1190 for a while preferring the enduro bike, it's way more enjoyable and I can ride alone if I need too.

Back
Top Bottom