Multistrada 2015

That's ridiculous. If the MS is so good, why do I see so many owners at BMW dealers trying (being the operative word) to trade in for a GS?:nenau

Some people see new and shiny and have to get it. Apart from not having the free cash to spend that sort of money on a bike I'd still be keeping the GS. I know the bike, it's faults and benefits plus it's bought, paid for and has lots of memories:D

I do not know where these prices are coming from. I pick up a MTS this week with the 3 option packs and it is £many less than quoted here. At list the 1200S is £15745 and you should not be paying list.

I do not know where these prices are coming from. I pick up a MTS this week with the 3 option packs and it is £many less than quoted here. At list the 1200S is £15745 and you should not be paying list.

Actually I've just looked on Ducati UK website and those prices are pretty much bang on .The configurator doesn't work properly so I did screen shots :

So add the price of the packs and you get £ 19042.89 for the red bike !!!

Why are Ducati selling a new model at £££s off list ??

If you can do a deal then that's good but why should you not be paying list price the bikes are built to order according to our local dealer. The prices are there to see and if you look at the options catalogue that comes with the bike you'll find a plethora of carbon body panels that ramp it up even more. Having sat on the bike it's crying out for carbon round the dash. The plastic just doesn't do the bike justice, it looks cheap in my opinion. Hence the reason I'm waiting for the new model replacing the Pikes Peak model.

Actually I've just looked on Ducati UK website and those prices are pretty much bang on .The configurator doesn't work properly so I did screen shots :

So add the price of the packs and you get £ 19042.89 for the red bike !!!

Why are Ducati selling a new model at £££s off list ??

You'd have to be a prize mug though to buy all those packages. A large proportion of which you could buy aftermarket given a little time. It's nothing new though is it...stiffing the customer for extras, either in the the bike or car buying world. They all do it. Buyer beware.

Arsey......

It's a question of market price versus list price. All the major manufacturers incentivise their distributors (retailers) to hit quarterly and monthly volumes with significant cash payments. This leads to opportunity for the bike buying punter in my experience.

If you are happy to believe list price is representative of price paid then that's OK by me.

However, there are a number of retailers selling at the 'market ' price and not the list price........and it can go the other way! Some Harley dealers, on popular bikes in demand, will only agree to a sale if the punter buys add ons to a given price.

I recently was offered 7.5% on a S1000XR.......crazy on the face of it, but if that order took the retailer to his quarterly or monthly incentive threshold then that justifies the action. I'm not saying the retailer will offer, you have to ask!

It's a question of market price versus list price. All the major manufacturers incentivise their distributors (retailers) to hit quarterly and monthly volumes with significant cash payments.

If you are happy to believe list price is representative of price paid then that's OK by me.

However, there are a number of retailers selling at the 'market ' price and not the list price........and it can go the other way! Some Harley dealers, on popular bikes in demand, will only agree to a sale if the punter buys add ons to a given price.

I recently was offered 7.5% on a S1000XR.......crazy on the face of it, but if that order took the retailer to his quarterly or monthly incentive threshold then that justifies the action. I'm not saying the retailer will offer, you have to ask!

In one.:thumb

I've been offered 12% off a new Multistrada, if I want one.:augie:D

You'd have to be a prize mug though to buy all those packages. A large proportion of which you could buy aftermarket given a little time. It's nothing new though is it...stiffing the customer for extras, either in the the bike or car buying world. They all do it. Buyer beware.

Bang on:thumby:
If I were buying I'd get an S and add the touring pack, and maybe buy an after market can after the first service.

Bang on:thumby:
If I were buying I'd get an S and add the touring pack, and maybe buy an after market can after the first service.

There's a lot of talk on the duc forum about the S not worthy of the £3k difference between that and the standard bike.

Picked my bike up today and did 90 miles home averaging 42 mpg at 51 mph average so tank to empty around 160 miles. Kept it at 6000 rpm max which is 108 mph in 6th.

My impressions after owning and riding 1500 miles on a 11 degree Testerthingy and my current GSWC.

This bikes chassis changes give it a much faster turn in and nimble handling ( remember my tyres have a perfect new profile). There is no weight to this bike once underway and slow turns are a doddle partly due to the increased steering lock and partly because the weight seems low. It's almost sports bike nimble and tracks a bend with precision......took me sometime to adjust after a recent 3000 mile trip on my German Tractor. Brilliant handling and an improvement on the 11 degree MY12.

The engine is vibey. Is it my bike or are they all like it? Has it got 'L' twin character or DVT designed in vibes........not sure until it gets past 600 miles and 6000 revs.

It is a monster of a power unit as it instantly responds to the throttle and pulls,pulls,pulls.......that 4th gear catapult is present and correct but I think the DVT masks the speed by being smooooooother than the 11 degree.

The low speed ease of use and smoothness has improved but I almost had a 'so what' reaction and probably need to judge after a 3000 mile trip next month to the Pyrenees.

Gearbox is perfect; easy to use, predictable and reliable. Clutch caught me out with it's quick as a flash bite but that's probably because the GS is soft and easy. Lever pull is fairly hard against the light GS but I have tendon problems in my dannies.

Front brake is brilliant as it is easy to modulate and very strong if need be.....rear brake is there but shy unless kicked awake, at least it's there!

Rider comfort has improved as the screen is further away, the seat is good and the reach on high seat allows flat feet ( I am 6'2" with 31" inseam and a long back). The screen allowed air to hit my neck and above but it's relatively clean air and not turbulent air. Tomorrow I will try the Touratech screen extension and see what difference that makes. The bars will be well positioned for the average jockey but were a tad low for my height....no big issue.

The active suspension is way ahead of the GS in being compliant but very stable in corners ( My My15 GSTE has much harsher ride than my MY13)

The noise is engaging like a V2 German Flying Bomb ( OK I never heard one other than on film) ..... it's a good sound, an 'L' twin sound.

The headlights are very bright, almost painful to look into, and the spots very bright as well.

Dash is neat and easy to read and the switches are robust and a doddle to use. You still have to hit a button to initiate bike 'on' and then a button to start.

In summary this is a very nimble and fast road bike. Comfortable and characterful as well as looking like it's well built.

Good write up.
That tank range is ridiculous for such a bike!! Surely it should be 200-220 miles to reserve! Why build such a bike with a piddly little tank?

Must resist! I keep getting drawn to giving one a go, being 6'2 but a rangey 34" :D not too impressed they have lowered the ride height (squeezing leg room?) but i guess until you try it who knows. I had a 10 plate 1200S model, the electrics were annoying , if theyve improved the bike all round it sounds like a winner as the power plant was brutal. Ducatis are addictive.

Vid from a 2010 multistrada owner (will have the gold Ohlins suspension ), this one test riding the 2015 DVT "Wow what a difference!":
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cI-JdxRwc4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wow! impressive road test. will he be doing one where he goes over 50 at all?

We all know that the mts flies like shit off a shovel, but it's the town cruising that's let it down: looks like DVT has sorted that and the above road test is primarily concerned with the cruise . Everything else should be as a 2012. with minor suspension changes and quick

Nice review & discussion guys, I didn't realise they had changed the engine etc, I tried one of these in 2011 (obviously old model now) & wasn't impressed with a few things, notably the slow speed usability..
I'm sure that ACF50 will work just as well on a Ducati as my GSWC
Think a road test is in order

Went a run with my mate tonight to get his miles up for his MS first service next weekend.

The led lights are extremely bright, oncoming traffic flashing and preceding dipping interior mirrors. It at the stage he's going to get it looked at.

He kept it below the 6k rev threshold and all I can say is it's quick, what it's like when he can use the full rev range time will tell. The road holding looked pure Ducati, corner after corner just carving through them as if they weren't there.

He's happy, I'm just trying to keep up :augie

Back
Top Bottom