550 Zumo sound

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone plug in ear headsets directly into the jack on the 550 sound socket? Does this work on? Fed up with my bluetooth and want to use the music playback for a long trip.

Yes, If I'm out in the Caterham I use my Ultimate Ear ear buds directly connected to the Zumo 550, works great :thumb2

yes, in a manner. I plug a 3.5mm jack in and then listen through my autocomm headset. Great sound at all speeds.

When I had my 550, plugging directly into the cradle was the only way to get stereo music.......... The Bluetooth output from the 550 is mono only, and sounds bloody awful.

Have connected via the cradle and the Autocom. There's a wee bit of hum on mine. Is that the canbus? (Sorry for the hijack, may be helpful to the OP tho'.)

Haven't had an Autocom fitted for a few years but from memory I needed a power cable with a built in filter to get rid of interference from my bikes electrical system. I think it is an accessory on the Autocom website. May still have it kicking about in the garage. I will check when I get home in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom