Brake Untegral ABS Failed While On A Ride Out

Irishkev

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to see if anyone can help me or tell my what the problem is with my GS.
Do i need to book my 04 R1200GS in to a dealer or can I fix it myself.

I was riding my GS when the red triangle light came on and at the same time the brake failure light flashed continously very quickly about 3/4 times a second. I attempted to pull in to the roadside but when I tried to brake as normal I only got residual braking which was very weak and I barely managed to stop where I wanted to. I had to continue on to get home so I rode bike very defensively and pulled in once or twice to check the brakes. I could hear the servo and got some brake at the lever but the lever just went soft and the servo noise sound lower and faint. This was the same when I tried the rear brake. On the journey home I tried the front brake and it appeared to work and then it would just go soft again back to residual braking feel at the lever. I managed to get home safely. I had done about 150 miles and braking just seemed to get worse as I was going along. Engine braking was good enough for me with the residual braking to allowed me to slow to a stop when I needed to.

Anyone able to tell me if this is something I can fix or should I book it in for repairs to a dealer.
I don't have big money to spend and I am hoping that someone might be able to help.

Thank for reading this and I hope someone might be able to offer some advice.

Regards Irishkev

No brakes, literally. Thats scary.

There are a couple of non official BMW dealers in Dublin / Wicklow you could call.

Hi Banzai600

Roundabouts were the most scary.

Could you forward me some information of non offical BMW dealers that you might know in and around Dublin.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom