18500 for a fully loaded new GS 1200?

Shit residuals though :aidan

2013 BMW 1200 GS TE.. A fantastic bike in many ways, but just had two massive problems that I just could not live with. Sold after 16mnts of ownership. Biggest hit I have ever taken on a bike. In fact almost twice as big as the 2014 Guzzi Stelvio I've just p/ex'd.

2013 BMW 1200 GS TE.. A fantastic bike in many ways, but just had two massive problems that I just could not live with. Sold after 16mnts of ownership. Biggest hit I have ever taken on a bike. In fact almost twice as big as the 2014 Guzzi Stelvio I've just p/ex'd.

Buy a 13k-14k new bike and you will take a hit, (some folk say you lose 20 percent out the dealers door) mines lost 3k in 20 months and 10k miles. And I got a discount on its replacement too. Not bad at all all things considered, buying new bikes is always a sure fire way to burn cash!

The dealer could smell your desperation, so tucked you up good and proper.:comfort:D

Mine was an ex-demonstrator and I paid £12795 for it complete with full luggage. It was fitted with the larger GSA screen, but they gave me the original GS screen as well.

I bought the Nav V from Italy for £418. I don't really think I could have swallowed £16K+ knowing options like this were available. It's nice getting a new vehicle - my cars are always new - but someone else is paying for those!

You're right in so many ways.
This thread reminds me of a certain mentality of owners in this thread...
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/407237-OCD-Who-s-in

BMW play their ace without us realising. Strange, but true. :D

I doupt very much they're worse than bwm. I've not investigated it but I expect you'll loose more cash on a German bike over . I think the bm's secondhand values are over egged somewhat.
I may go have a look later and see what I find :thumb

Oh, they are.:rob

I've had a few Triumphs, and compared to BMW, their resale values are eye watering.

Oh, they are.:rob

I've had a few Triumphs, and compared to BMW, their resale values are eye watering.

That may be in your experience Nutty. It certainly wasn't my experience.

I was prepared to give BMW another chance after the problems with my 2013 gs, and looked at swapping for a 2015 gs, same bike R1200gs te. They wanted £4,700 to swap now that to me is serious p**s taking.

I know someone personally who has just lost £7,200 on a GSA in 12 weeks. Admittedly he just sold it straight back to the dealer (hated it that much) but that is eye watering.

Now I'm not wishing to troll, but BMW owners do seem to look through rose tinted glasses an awful lot of the time, and for some bizarre reason appear just to accept stuff that is clearly not right

All this angst about spending this much and losing this much....

It's only money and you can't take any of it with you..

I'm not a millionaire but I've probably spent more money than a lot of them (and had a great time doing it).

I know someone personally who has just lost £7,200 on a GSA in 12 weeks. Admittedly he just sold it straight back to the dealer (hated it that much) but that is eye watering.

£7200 in 12 weeks?:eek: That's 50% depreciation, and I call bollocks. Either that, or he's very rich, or very stupid to accept that. If he returned it back to the dealer he bought it from, they will have been laughing their heads off at him for accepting such a daft offer. More fool him, I say.

The most I've ever lost on a BMW bike has been less than £3k. On my 2014 GS TE, by the time I removed any accessories and sold them, I'd lost less than £2k, and that bike had done 7500 miles.

If I wanted to trade my GSA in for a new one (not that I do), I have been offered £2500 less than I paid for it, and that offer will stand until 1st March.

Now I'm not wishing to troll, but BMW owners do seem to look through rose tinted glasses an awful lot of the time, and for some bizarre reason appear just to accept stuff that is clearly not right

More fool them then. If something's not right, get it sorted. Why anyone would accept something that's not right, just because it has a BMW badge on it is truly bizarre.

if you are px, it is really worth the time to get different quotes in as they can differ bit quite a bit. In my case the difference was up to 50% (still BMW dealer).
In the end I went with the best px offer with SatNav and top box included for a new 2016 model. Buying new is not really my thing, but at this time of year, there are some good deals to be made. Depreciation is inevitable on a new motor, but look at it as the cost of riding the bike over how long you are willing to keep it. in my experience, motorbikes at least don't depreciate as strongly (in real term) as cars.

£18500 is a lot of ££ for a depreciating asset :eek:
I Ain't got that kind of £any more so I am out as far as new stuff goes
Every thing seems to be getting much more expensive these days.
We are supposedly in a very low inflation phase ,but loads of stuff seems very expensive to me now:(

Boatman; the only thing that is cheaper these days in the interest rate . Mortgages at 1.5% , GS loans at 2.9%.

I agree with the post though, salaries don't keep up with ridiculous increases in food, council taxes, energy costs and clothing.

The thing is , despite what the forum leads you to conclude, you definitely don't need a new bike to love motorcycling.

All this angst about spending this much and losing this much....

It's only money and you can't take any of it with you..

I'm not a millionaire but I've probably spent more money than a lot of them (and had a great time doing it).

Your sig line is utter bollocks btw :D

I
Boatman; the only thing that is cheaper these days in the interest rate . Mortgages at 1.5% , GS loans at 2.9%.

I agree with the post though, salaries don't keep up with ridiculous increases in food, council taxes, energy costs and clothing.

The thing is , despite what the forum leads you to conclude, you definitely don't need a new bike to love motorcycling.
You are right about not needing a new bike to enjoy motorcycling.
I had one of my best trips ever last year,up to the Nordkapp ,bike camping all the way on an older 2006 Honda Transalp

If someone didn't complain properly then more fool them there is consumer rights,others have had whole bikes or parts replaced that where not ok but for £7200 :eek: I'd've considered :rocketwho shop to get money's worth back ;)

Back
Top Bottom