K1300S Withdrawn?

Appman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mate of mine has just been informed K1300S has been withdrawn after he placed his order last Saturday...he's not impressed to say the least.

Anyone know if the whole K1300 range has been dropped?

It's been on the cards for a few years now, the GT went a while ago. I did like my K1300r's but prefer my GS
2a7de08a9a0ee1c0ddbfb4c5ea98f4fe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dealer has now confirmed the whole K1300 Series is no longer available

It's basically an 11 year old design, so hardly surprising. I'd have bought the K1300GT too if they'd still made it new in 2012 as I loved the K1300S engine. It was so much more refined than my K1200S :(

I SORN'd my K1300S at the end of August when I moved to Birmingham from Devon. I've only got room for one Bike here (on the drive, no garage) and brought my GSA. I'm moving back to Devon in late Spring early Summer next year. I thought about selling the K13 but couldn't do it - I just love it. I've had a K13GT as well and the engine (and the whole package) is just fabulous. It's a shame BMW don't have room for this superb sports tourer in their range - yes it could cope with an update - but it's the Boxer RS or K1600 now for those who don't want an Adventure style tourer.

I really liked my 2009 K1300S and would have replaced it with a K1300GT if they hadn't replaced it with the 1600. In the end I bought an RT kept it for a year and pad it for a Multistrada.

As far as we were concerned the only issue the K1300S had was the crap luggage, I know we could've fitted some after market, but I thought it would look fairly poor.

As far as we were concerned the only issue the K1300S had was the crap luggage, I know we could've fitted some after market, but I thought it would look fairly poor.

It was a shame the Givi set up for the K1300r using the 33 litre panniers didn't work with the K1300S the 40 litre panniers on it didn't look nearly as good IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
19859918486a25bc2e092078f6d67848.jpg

I am sticking with my K1200R Sport. I considered spending a couple of grand towards something else but the only other bike I would have gone for would have been the K1300S. I have just had Ohlins fitted front and rear and now it's better than when it came out of the factory. Mine was the non ESA version. I figured that what I could afford in the 1300 range would need the suspension sorting sooner rather than later so I invested in my 1200 and I am very happy with the outcome. I can actually feel what the tyres are doing now and how good they are. If one day I get the 1300 it will have Ohlins or equivalent suspension on it.

K1300S was on the BMW stand at the show and is part of the 2016 range as the K1300S Motorsport.

Cannons have got a motorsport they must still be around the network night email looking bike if a bit dated

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

K1300s withdrawn? I've always found mine a bit forward in orange:D:D

Back
Top Bottom