Flaking liner fuel tank

Dario

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am working on a R1200C at the moment. I have the tank off for fuel filter and have noticed the liner is just about to come off in large chunk all over the inside. Can someone recommend a liner treatment i should use. I have found a few reviews but i always prefer a recommendation from a fellow Tosser.

Thanks

Dario

:aidan

http://www.caswelleurope.co.uk/gas-tank-sealer/

Going to give this a try in an old triumph tank that has previously had a non ethanol resistant lining, May be worth you using the cleaner first to remove the old liner. Good luck, and try not to damage your paintwork, I tape around filler and wrap cling film over the tank.:thumb2

Hello Dario,

Take a walk into W. H. Smith's and see the December issue of Ride magazine. Towards the back of the mag there is an article about the very problem you have and a suggested treatment. RobA.

Thanks for the replies and yes i have already read Ride. I actually called the guy who is featured in the article but he is busy way into next year. I don't think i fancy doing the job myself now. Based on what i have been told it can be a bit tricky especially when using the corrosive fluid to strip the remaining original lining. I am trying to find someone local but i suspect i will have to send the tank away to get done.

I have used Por 15 I think it was called,and it worked a treat.
It is a fairly easy treatment to use with a little care.

Back
Top Bottom