Where the shucks have no name

Holy cow - even surprised myself there !!

Reminds me to venture that way again soon. Managed to get as far as Spiddal on Easter Monday but started late so I didn't get any further :(

Ah well - might as well dream here as anywhere :D

Thanks again for the pics.

Touche Jose!

Once again lovely shots, cant wait to get some time off :(

:beerjug:

C'mon Celt - tell us where the rest are.

Doesn't look like anyone else is having a stab at it.

Am particularly interested in 1, 2 & 3.

Put me out of my misery :D

Well heres me wee route

Day 1
Left Dublin heading for Spanish Point Co Clare

Day 2
Left Spanish Point for Kilkee taking the wee coast roads (foto 1) and then down to Loop Head (foto2+3) taking the coast roads again to Kilrush (foto4). Then N68 to Ennis, then back roads to Sixmilebridge then back into Ennis, Corrofin, Ballyvaughan, Lisdoonvarna (foto5 corkscrew), Doolin (foto6 Dirt back road up to cliffs above Doolin), Cliffs of Moher, Lehinch back to Spanish Point.

Day 3
Spanish Point to Ballyvaughan coast road, Galway, then N59 to Clifden (foto7) then lower Sky road to Kill (foto8), then N59 to Leenaun, then stayed at Delphi Lodge www.delphilodge.ie

Day4
From Delphi take R335 north to Louisburgh but take first right at bottom of Doolough to Owenmore Bridge then Louisburgh (foto9+10 fantastis wee back roads) then Westport, Newport, Mallaranny, then Atlantic Drive (foto11) to Achill Island taking all coast roads (foto13 bog road plenty to chose from this one lead up to a wee lake) checkout the famine village just north of Keel.
then back to Delphi (foto12)

Day5
Delphi, Leenaun, Cong, Galway N6 back to Dublin

Well that clears that up :) :)

Five days - you jammy ba***rd !! - and it looks like the weather was ok too !

Fair play to ya - I'm just jealous. :D

Doh!! I should've recognised some of those spots, then. A friend of mine, who I visit fairly regularly, lives just down the road from Spanish Point in Quilty. Lovely spot, that. Apart from the ridiculous looking Southfork lookalike on the coast road, just outside the village centre. Anyone know the place I'm talking about?

Back
Top Bottom