Burns from Keis heated jacket? - warning picture of fat mans burnt head

Roadrash Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone else had trouble with burns from heated jackets?

Up in the highlands at the minute with mates, done a stretch if the NW 500, totally pissed it down all morning. Neck tube as they do gets wet, collar of my heated jacket must have got damp, started feeling a pulse at the back of mi neck, turn off my jacket pulse stops.

We stop of dinner take off my helmet and I have this fucking burn at the back of mi head, were the top if the neck tube was!
b0b28a6bf0b274e83e28a40592d7bcee.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Where there is pain there is blame, and where there is blame there is a claim.

I have a Keis waistcoat and it doesn't come up that far.

From your description it sounds like you have some exposed wiring that was made worse by the damp. So it's an electrical burn not a heat burn if you see what I mean.

How old is the jacket? I would certainly bring to the attention of Keis and see if they will replace it.

Fuck me fella, that looks like you got shot by a sniper!!! :rocketwho

You best contact the manufacturer regardless of how old it is.....

Just got down to Moffat needless to say not used the jacket. Its a year old and no damage at all the elements are a carbon pads so i can only think when damp it tracks dc electrical burn. Will be calling them tomorrow. Just be careful i would never have expected this.

Sent using Tapatalk

Keis Vest.

If it's under two years old they will probably replace it.

I have the heated vest which i've worn only twice in just over two years, had a plug fault.
Called & explained this to them, they would n't repair it.:mad:
Said if under two years they would have replaced it.
Managed to repair it myself.:clap

Andy, are you sure its not just a midge bite? :D

Hope you are all having a great trip:thumb2

Ferking hell if it was a midge bite you could throw a saddle on the bloody midge mate.

Cracking trip as always, Redrick still leading the the pack. Back home tomorrow, but some stonking roads to come.

A friend of mine was burnt quite badly on her back by a Keis waistcoat, which they exchanged once they had seen the photographs.

My Keis jacket has never caused me problems but I used a pair of their heated insoles once and toasted the soles of my feet to the point where after 2 hours of them being switched on I had to pull over at the side of a German motorway and switch them off. My feet were sore for a day or two afterwards and I suspect that if I'd left them on much longer I'd have had proper burns with blisters to contend with.

Back to the Sealskinz after that episode :thumb2

I also had some Keis heated insoles that somehow melted a small hole in the insole and my sock, which then had my bare skin on the heating element. (Not pleasant)
As I'd previously had two other pairs of their insoles fail I stopped using their gear and started using WarmnSafe instead,

Back
Top Bottom