Which adventure boots?

Daytona are good boots I know but if you have an off as I did in a pair the ankle protection is not as good as the sidi I broak both my ankles in Daytona boots
Left
View attachment 312080
Right
View attachment 312081

Jesus!!! Well I hope your are well on the way to a full recovery Zx9man, looks awful. I was looking through for a review on some good boots but after seeing your post......sod it!! I have a pair of Alpinestars Tech 8's I used when I had a supermoto "look like a storm trooper in white" but really comfortable and I'm sure bomb proof. Save some money and get them bad-boys out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus!!! Well I hope your are well on the way to a full recovery Zx9man, looks awful. I was looking through for a review on some good boots but after seeing your post......sod it!! I have a pair of Alpinestars Tech 8's I used when I had a supermoto "look like a storm trooper in white" but really comfortable and I'm sure bomb proof. Save some money and get them bad-boys out
Thanks I am well on the way to full recovery back on the bike and planning a few trips later in the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I am well on the way to full recovery back on the bike and planning a few trips later in the year

Not often considered, but extremely comfortable, are Gaerne Balance Boots, used for trials. They come in an oiled version and a new waterproof lined version. Superb boots with a bit of added armour. I ditched Alpinestars for these as I found the plastic on the stars kept disintegrating because it's too inflexible and there's too much of it on their boots.

I have the Sidi Discovery boots, taken a while to break in, Dry boots never ever leaked very hard wearing had them about 18 months been all over Europe in them in very extreme rain conditions, would definitely buy again.

And they don't squeak!!

Got both sidi and forma..... Sidi are watertight, comfortable on and off the bike but they squeak like buggery when walking around and it's so bloody annoying..... Used in all climates for 40000 miles.
Forma are an excellent boot....waterproof, a tighter fit than the sidi but they do loosen up...I find I only need a normal light sock under the forma as they are so warm...
Pay ya money, take ya pick...... Forma are much cheaper.....if I was in a position where my leg was in danger I would prefer the sidi....

In your opinion which are most comfy between the Forma and Sidi? I ask because I'm in between size on the Sidi, so the Sidi's feel quite hard in a light weight sock. Not much cushioning.

Sidi every time....used em around Namibia 5 weeks of hard use with a few offs (fecking sand) and stood up to all that was thrown at them....best compromise between a full MX boot and something you can ride comfortably in IMO....I used WD40 to cure the squeak.....highly recommended.

What's the sizing like on those boots? Do you need to go a size up like with the Sidi's?

Daytona are good boots I know but if you have an off as I did in a pair the ankle protection is not as good as the sidi I broak both my ankles in Daytona boots
Left
View attachment 312080
Right
View attachment 312081

Just seen this - NASTY!

Glad to hear you're on the mend though.

I swapped my Daytona Trans-Open boots for a pair of Alpinestars Toucans in the pursuit of more protection for trail riding.

Next month's tip to Africa will give them a good workout - hopefully not too good though!

The best boots I've had are Sidi Crossfires, saved my left ankle in Morocco this year. Comfortable, water proof (ish), you can't sneak up on anyone with them on !

Sent from Space

Sidi courier boots are a good second choice if the crossfire are to high up your leg.

I was a bike courier in London and my Sidi boots saved my ankles several times over the years and wouldn't buy anything else

Sidi Adventure :thumb2

Done huge distance with them over 6 years ,, squeak a bit ,but good tough boots
Worn from -5 c to 46+c ,not cheap ,but having seen bones sticking out At ankle level on a poor German guy one day in Slovina , I consider them to be value for the money :thumb2

Have both Forma and Sidi... Forma is more comfortable but ankle protection is very limited where as I've had a gs land on my ankle wearing Sidi and walked away. I wouldn't have been so lucky wearing the Forma.

Back
Top Bottom