Ride-by-Wire?

GlynnJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can someone tell me when the F800GS became ride-by-wire, as opposed to conventional throttle cable?

I am thinking of buying one but don't want RBW.

Ta

I was told by my local dealer they could not quote deliveries of the new bikes at the moment, so probably the revised production line is being modified to make the latest spec bikes. You may find a cancellation but I dont think you can now buy a new bike without the electronics.
I moved from the R1200GS back to the F800 because I had no faith in the electronics, they should be good for 100000s of miles like they are on a car, but after having a recall on the handle bar switches and hearing of all the failures I have my doubts.

If you could get a new GS800 it would look like mine, 2016 spec bike, all the lates mods and bling except the electronics.

DSC00759.jpg

OK, thanks. I was more meaning second hand rather than new. I wanted to get a late non-RBW model but didn't know when it was introduced. I know that the BWM website shows the latest model has it but that's the limit of my knowledge.

Can anyone confirm that only MY 2016 or 17 models are RBW, please?

Sorry, you actually do say that there are 2016 bikes without it - I should have read more slowly!

Thanks again.

I think Pidcock BMW have a 2016 f800gs black line version in that is none RBW.

As far as I know it is the 2017 Euro4 compliant bikes that are RBW.
Anything up to the 2016 bikes will be cables rather than electronic.
Having been into Coopers at Tunbridge today I guess they would be like any other dealer in that they had no 700 or 800 GS's at all. They have got a couple of 800ST/GT and a couple of 800R's, but no GS's at all.
I guess this is because they are waiting for the new bikes in September, and they will be RBW.

Back
Top Bottom