Best Adventure Bike Ever ?

Well actually what they concluded was this :rolleyes:

So, is it really the best adventure bike ever? Well, of course that is opening up a can of worms… adventure riding in itself is a broad term and different adventure riders have different needs: we all ride in different locations, on different terrain and for different lengths of time – there can never be one single bike that will suit everyone. So, maybe we’ll just say that the Africa Twin is damn good at what it does and if that’s what you want to do, you will love it!

...by the way when does your new KTM arrive ;)

SA is supposedly not a 2017 model name but I'm getting a variation on the theme .
Meanwhile more accolades for the mighty Honda:

a8ed7a3fd444460bbe25f2ac2dc6fa38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

That was actually quite an interesting report, I'm normally asleep by the second sentence of such things.......

It did make me laugh though when they wittered on about TC/map options and stated that full fat 100bhp was just bonkers off road; when I switch my bike into off road mode it CUTS the power to 100bhp :D

Andres

That was actually quite an interesting report, I'm normally asleep by the second sentence of such things.......

It did make me laugh though when they wittered on about TC/map options and stated that full fat 100bhp was just bonkers off road; when I switch my bike into off road mode it CUTS the power to 100bhp :D

Andres

.....................yes but yours is not the ultimate adventure bike - Arsey has shown 2 write ups that prove it :augie

Andres

v good :D

Only speed read the article but I did not see the 1190R mentioned....

With the power of the 1050 and the weight of a 1200GS Honda do seem to have covered the full spectrum.

I was very impressed with the Honda but all these 'best' labels and hanging on to them get tiresome. It's not best for getting across a snotty washed out ditch a 690 would be better, it's not the best to load to the gunnels and do a 1000 mile day on, a GSA would be better, there's no such thing as a generic 'best' for any bike that can be used for such a broad range of activities - Best needs to be saved for niche bikes.

Gong back to my first point, the opinion I'm most interested in is that of an 1190R owner who rides hard on the dirt. Id like to know what they think of the AT

I think you need to define what exactly an adventure is. If your idea of one is a Continental thrash down the Route Napoleon or the RDGA, loaded up with "stuff", then there are many better bikes that will be more capable and much more fun than the more off road orientated Africa Twin.

I bet that no one on here rides hundreds of miles a day on the dirt tracks for a fortnights tour.

Gong back to my first point, the opinion I'm most interested in is that of an 1190R owner who rides hard on the dirt. Id like to know what they think of the AT

You called?

Well apart from the hard bit :D

I have ridden both off road though (fast fire tracks) and I know which one is the better bike for that.............by miles............I don't think I need say which one do I? [1]

Andres

[1] Somewhere in all the AT stuff on here is a write up of what I thought of the AT when I test rode one.

Coming from someone who actually rides one.....Who're you trying to convince anyway. :nenau

Nobody.

Just thought it worth posting in the Honda section whilst the GS LC section is busy talking about engine failures /engine changes.

That ok with you ?

Good

Sent from my iPad using Twattybollox

OMFG I can only magine what the hype would have been if the GSLC was crowned the winner !! but it wasn't in fact it wasn't in the top 50 but the Suzuki Van Van was LOL that made me chuckle,
guys as ive statedbefore ive owned them all Explorers, GsLC, GS ADV, GS Rallye, Triple Black, 1150s, 1200s, Crosstourers, multistrada, Versys 1000 Gen2, 990 Adventures 1190 Adventure R, Africa Twins 750, and now the 1000 and for me the Africa is a really great bike, ergonomically it fits me perfectly and for that im happy and still impressed with the whole package

They have all got there problems and none of them are perfect where one fails another excels for me the Africa twin is the best overall package and thats not talking from being sat in front of a magazine or computer screen ive actually owned and ridden them

OMFG I can only magine what the hype would have been if the GSLC was crowned the winner !! but it wasn't in fact it wasn't in the top 50 but the Suzuki Van Van was LOL that made me chuckle,
guys as ive statedbefore ive owned them all Explorers, GsLC, GS ADV, GS Rallye, Triple Black, 1150s, 1200s, Crosstourers, multistrada, Versys 1000 Gen2, 990 Adventures 1190 Adventure R, Africa Twins 750, and now the 1000 and for me the Africa is a really great bike, ergonomically it fits me perfectly and for that im happy and still impressed with the whole package

They have all got there problems and none of them are perfect where one fails another excels for me the Africa twin is the best overall package and thats not talking from being sat in front of a magazine or computer screen ive actually owned and ridden them

If you have owned all of these bikes and I have owned most of them how can you say the Africa Twin is the best all round package Seriousley

If you have owned all of these bikes and I have owned most of them how can you say the Africa Twin is the best all round package Seriousley

Quite easily . I agree with the above and I've had over 50 bikes of all shapes and sizes from 30-190 bhp .

Seriousley

Sent from my iPad using Twattybollox

Shows how we are all different then I thought it was a bag of shite only time i've been happy to lose money when I sold it

Back
Top Bottom