Warranty Direct anyone had experience of this company

Karlread

Reaction score
The policy appears identical to the BMW one for my 2015 R1200RT, BMW motorrad want £329 for the year (not including European breakdown cover which I have with my Carole Nash policy) Warranty direct want £221! Looking at the policy wording for both they cover the same items. Anyone ever made a claim with this lot, hopefully I wouldn't need to but thought I would ask just in case!

Warranty companies are notorious for their wriggling and have no allegience to you as a customer whereas the BMW one may well have more generous guidelines if you see what I mean.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

Only had dealings with them once a good few years ago on a used Audi A4 , car developed a fault with the Comfort ECU and according to the warranty documents all ECU's on the vehicle were covered .

Initially they dicked us around about having to pay for an inspection until they realised it was not a problem that their engineer could diagnose and so we were allowed to take it to an Audi dealership at our expense ........... they confirmed an ECU fault at which time Warranty Direct said 'ah yes we cover all ECU's but not that one , only the ones related to the engine .' Spoke to the supplying dealer Arnold Clark who said it was covered according to the master documentation of the warranty but WD still declined to pay

Luckily as the car was only 4 years old and the fault was due to water ingress due to a design fault Audi repaired it for the costs of the diagnostic.

I would rather pay for the BMW warranty especially if you are travelling abroad as it gives very comprehensive cover and higher level of recompense than the CN cover

Warranty direct were fine on a bmw 120d car, paid for a biggish claim £500 no problems. Service records needed to be kept bang up to date though.

Back
Top Bottom