wiring a zumo onto r1200gs

aeronut7

Reaction score
hi all.....just received the power cable to use the bmw sat nav power lead from nippynormans...
when joining the lead to the zumo lead do I first cut off the inline fuse and a module which is on the garmin power lead...
therefore being left with one clean lead from the sat nav plug straight to the garmin cradle....
just checking before cutting anything up

cheers all.....

I'd leave them on. The module maybe a voltage reducer 12v to 5v. It also needs to be fused.

I would have thought that's already done....the sat nav plug near the headstock is there to feed the sat nav isn't it....

been searching around....I believe the fuse can be cut off as its already fused via canbus.....
if I cant find the answer about removing the module ill volt test the nav plug by the headstock....
I have seen on youtube a lead going directly from that plug straight to the sat nav cradle....no fuse...no module...

Hi, not totally sure but the module is possibly a surge protector unlikely to be a voltage reducer, also its good to have an inline fuse so I would leave as is & connect it up without cutting to be on the safe side.
Tuck it up & secure it so that it doesn't get trapped by suspension when going from lock to lock
Good luck

been searching around....I believe the fuse can be cut off as its already fused via canbus.....
if I cant find the answer about removing the module ill volt test the nav plug by the headstock....
I have seen on youtube a lead going directly from that plug straight to the sat nav cradle....no fuse...no module...

Self answered, good luck

yep..further research its 12v supply via that plug....so will keep module in place....
yeah I know ive answered my own question......
and yeah I know I should have researched first before posting another pointless thread.....
cheers all....

Back
Top Bottom