What You Got?

GS_STEG

Reaction score
Sorry for the click bait title!

Purchased a Rally sport a few weeks ago and have been trying to decide if i should fit crash bars and if so, which ones? i have already fitted black pot protectors and i know i would go for black crash bars, and that i would want upper and lower bars as thats the look i prefer.
I just cant decide if they are entirely needed or if the bike looks better without them, if you have any fitted on a rallye i would appreciate some advice and pictures if you have them?

Just get a set of these and job's a good in :thumby:

XHLC.jpg

I second that. Dropped my GS at a standstill (tired, long day, uneven ground, wasn't paying attention) and the only damage was a ~1cm scuff on the X Head. Plus much easier to filter in traffic as they add next to no width or bulk.

I 4th it, but raise you a set of bars on as well.

To be safe to be safe as they say !

2017 Rallye and I've got upper and lower bars (upper bars arrived today), final drive protector and lever guard.

Because gravity sucks.

Which ones have you got and What colour did you go for?

Any chance of a pic once you've put the uppers on?

Just get a set of these and job's a good in :thumby:

XHLC.jpg

Really nicely made and look classy too - I had them ready and waiting so they went on my bike just minutes after delivery. Never more likely to have a little slip than day one I thought. See the R1200GS LC drop test on YouTube - there's confidence in the product!

Chinese copies will be on ebay shortly. Any takers? Or will Machineart Moto man at least have one line of profit left from his development efforts?

Word of warning. The xheads are great, I have a set, but if you ride off road and drop your bike in water they are a pain in the wotsits to get off to access the plugs.

I've just fitted the bmw lower crash bars on my Rallye. Look really neat and add very little in width, still a lot narrower than the handle bars. Look as though they'd protect the heads well in a fall and actually hold the bike up a little making it easier to pick up.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I have SW Motech lower bars on mine. The fit is good but the finish is awful. Rust showing through on the welded joints.

Thanks for the input guys, do like the look of the X heads but already got black cylinder protectors on (chinese copy of the touratech).

Anyone got the touratech black upper and lowers? Are they painted or powder coat?

Evotech

Evotech guards, aluminium so don't rust, they also do a nifty front casing guard..

Attachments

• IMG_4951.jpg
    IMG_4951.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_4952.jpg
    IMG_4952.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 413
I think those blue bars look very cool :cool:

Shame BMW didn't see fit to paint the rear sub-frame and stands in the same blue from the factory :blast

Back
Top Bottom