Yet Another Convert

Eunuch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After much deliberation I finally picked up my S over the weekend :bounce1.

After a disastrously brief affair with the XR I took a long time making sure the I was pulling the right trigger, and even then it was after not hitting it off too well on my first test ride nor after having a mate throw me the keys whilst in the Pyrenees trying to convince me how good it was. Multistrada was OK, thought I wanted the GT and nearly went for the Rallye. Gees, you kiss a lot of frogs before you find the right one :augie.

i-WPD7fsW-XL.jpg

Couple of hundred miles only, but if the number of grins achieved in this brief honeymoon period so far is anything to go by I reckon she's a keeper :thumb.

Big shout out to the guys at Crescent KTM in Verwood. Matt is a top bloke and I was very pleased with the Sales service on this and the SDR beforehand.

Many congrats....you'll be v happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic, and the best colour.:beerjug:

Now, get farkling!:green gri

Welcome to the People's Front of Judea :p

About bloody time! :aidan

You will need the power parts seat, standard one is awful, iMHO.

Nutty is selling a bash plate, on here. Looks brand new if you fancy the Dakar look

Enjoy. Great machine.

You will need the power parts seat, standard one is awful, iMHO.

Nutty is selling a bash plate, on here. Looks brand new if you fancy the Dakar look

Enjoy. Great machine.

You might want to actually look at his bike before posting what he needs !!!!

You might want to actually look at his bike before posting what he needs !!!!

Ah good point Arsey, it was a long day yesterday. LOL

Indeed, Power Parts seat is in place for my delicate derrière, though Matt's strong buttock clenching right hand wasn't so comfortable :ymca

Hoping to get acquainted with the bike over 400 miles planned this long weekend.

Happy Days :beerjug:

Indeed, Power Parts seat is in place for my delicate derrière, though Matt's strong buttock clenching right hand wasn't so comfortable :ymca

Hoping to get acquainted with the bike over 400 miles planned this long weekend.

Happy Days :beerjug:

Great bikes .

The R is even better :aidan

The standard screen is shite

Aren't they all?

Changed the screen on all my Adventure Bikes, with my 1190 the stock screen chucks air at my chest, the KTM Touring screen at my face and I now use the HUGE Puig one for touring and then use the standard screen for local blasting around.

If I get a 1290 I will probably take the same approach and just get the Puig for touring and live with the wind noise / fly splats on visor the rest of the time.

Lovely bit of kit, enjoy. :thumb2

What made you go for the shorter screen from the R?

Thanks.

I'm 5' 8" and the standard screen gave shocking buffeting. I mean, I remember trying for years to fix the GS's problems with winglets, Adventure screens, etc before it was finally fixed on the LC, but this was at another level. It detracted from the ride so much I think it's why I never gelled on the first couple of test rides. Even playing in the Pyrenees for a while. Interesting salesman Matt at Crescent said he suffered exactly the same and he's the same height, weight, rugged good looks, etc :D

I saw Nutty try the R and a pal went that route and after trying his bike for the 2nd time with that on the whole experience was different. It's not as good as the GS LC screen set-up, but much better than the standard screen.

Looks like Puig are bringing out more screens. Maybe a readout on one of those soon ...

Thanks.

I'm 5' 8" and the standard screen gave shocking buffeting. I mean, I remember trying for years to fix the GS's problems with winglets, Adventure screens, etc before it was finally fixed on the LC, but this was at another level. It detracted from the ride so much I think it's why I never gelled on the first couple of test rides. Even playing in the Pyrenees for a while. Interesting salesman Matt at Crescent said he suffered exactly the same and he's the same height, weight, rugged good looks, etc :D

I saw Nutty try the R and a pal went that route and after trying his bike for the 2nd time with that on the whole experience was different. It's not as good as the GS LC screen set-up, but much better than the standard screen.

Looks like Puig are bringing out more screens. Maybe a readout on one of those soon ...

Try the MRA X-Creen on top of the R screen, as that solved the issue completely.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom