Muc Off and other cleaning stuff

Oh I know it’s a blue one because it is soooo much faster:augie

Mind you when I had a red one that was the fastest colour then. Go figure :confused:

I've used it for years and never had a problem. My bikes don't suffer with corrosion issues and it certainly doesn't dull paintwork or plastics from my experience.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I does say, use on wet bike, don't let it dry or on a warm bike/direct sunlight.

Obviously as roughty toughty biker blokes we don't need to read instructions.

Now off to use head and shoulders on the GSA.....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Will Head and Shoulders clean the bloody spoked wheels?
Paid extra to have them on my Exclusive.
Big mistake.

:nenau:hammerGot to laugh at this thread........why do ya bother taking the bike out on the road.......sit and look at it all day.....have a shave in the shiny paintwork.....ffs.....

Got to agree with you John Bailey.
Reading these threads has got me in the mess i'm in now.
My GS is my daily transport so I covered it in ACF 50 (as recommended here) now the bloody wheels are completely covered in shite and i'm fed up with getting filthy feeding a chain through the back wheel.
How on earth do you get rid of the stuff it sticks like glue?

When i first complained about corrosion on my GSA (fully sorted under warranty 6 months later) the first question included whether or not I use muc off. Which I don't, but the dealer was basically saying it would be chemical damage from using Muc Off, not corrosion. Which of course we all know is bollox, but just thought I'd mention it.

When i first complained about corrosion on my GSA (fully sorted under warranty 6 months later) the first question included whether or not I use muc off. Which I don't, but the dealer was basically saying it would be chemical damage from using Muc Off, not corrosion. Which of course we all know is bollox, but just thought I'd mention it.

Yep cheers mate, many have said if you use it do not admit it, although, it might also just be a BMW excuse to get out of paying for the warranty work, BMW and Insurance no different.

:nenau:hammerGot to laugh at this thread........why do ya bother taking the bike out on the road.......sit and look at it all day.....have a shave in the shiny paintwork.....ffs.....

Nah in all honesty it is basically only for the odd wash when the bike is full of shite and ready for a winter garage when ice and snow is out :beerjug:

Got to agree with you John Bailey.
Reading these threads has got me in the mess i'm in now.
My GS is my daily transport so I covered it in ACF 50 (as recommended here) now the bloody wheels are completely covered in shite and i'm fed up with getting filthy feeding a chain through the back wheel.
How on earth do you get rid of the stuff it sticks like glue?

SDoc100 is the best I've found, still needs a bit of work but will take it off

Going back to Page 1 I am with Mr Wapping .... spray it on leave it go and make the T come back and start scrubbing .. NEVER had a problem ... its the strong stuff like "Iron X" that you need to be careful of ! :)

Did a test today with the heavy duty hand cleaner we use at work.
Looks like it will clean the ACF50 off no problem.

Mucoff completely fucked the finish on my anodised black wheels. Now using SDoc100 when its time to take off the ACF50 and never had any problem with it, bit more expensive but doesn't fuck anything so worth it

BMW replaced my wheels under warranty due to marks/stains And told me do not use mucoff on anodised wheels!
Use bmw wheel cleaner or mild car soap , when new wheels fitted coated everything in acf 50 , takes time but hopefully no marking or corrosion.

So BMW have their own wheel cleaner makes sense why they do not want anybody to buy other products, looks like common sense is needed here, and it seems just do not leave Muc Off on for too long and rince it off really good, and if my GS rusts afer maybe one or 2 washes a year well, it will be my last one.

and again use FS 365, BETTER CHEAPER AND DOES NOT ATTRACT DIRT LIKE,ACF 50, i have tried them all and this is the best,by a mile...

I’ve used muc off on a couple of bikes and always regretted it. It usually makes marks somewhere. It’s not every surface that seems vulnerable to the cleaner but some certainly are. For my new-to-me GSA I’ve decided I’m not going to use muc off. True it might never harm it but there are other cleaners on the market which are safer

The bmw own branded stuff is actually very good and not badly priced although I’m fairly certain it’s just re-branded sdoc 100 gel cleaner. I use it for the intricate parts and a ph neutral snow-foam for the rest of the bike.

The bmw branded wheel cleaner is good too and I’m using it on the GSA wheels. Curiously it’s twice the price of the bmw bike cleaner?!?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right game over Muc-Off for the van and Sdoc 100 for the bike it shall be, taking no risks, quite liked this video.

Anyone tried Surfex HD as a general cleaner?

D.

I have, really good.. makes my brakes look like new. I also use the auto wheel cleaner for front and rear suspension.
I got the full cleaning kit...
1ltr auto-wheel
5ltr jerrycan auto-foam
5ltr jerrycan surfex-HD
1ltr auto-wash

Back
Top Bottom