Low speed steering.. high speed stability.. passenger buffeting

I fitted a Puig touring screen with Cymarc braces and the wind protection is really good with little buffeting for either myself or the missus :thumby:

You just get used to the seat. I tried a Sargent, but the seams just dug into my thighs.

60153047e3f3c1391584252c6897996b.jpg

Did the high-speed instability chuck you missus off the back into the lake?

High speed instability can come from loads of places, the pillion moving around, or stretching arms, yourself twisting to get comfy on the seat, as soon as you make another area for the wind to hit, it will move a little, normal its on 2 wheels.

Hi

This weaving at low speeds on the handle bars just gets worst as you fight it,(especially two up with luggage) then if you are like me you tend to overcorrect the steering to bring it back before you know it you are all over the place, During the loading and unloading at Folkestone i used to have same problem just as you described going down the train trying to keep it in the narrow lane between metal checker plate and edge (also very slow speed filtering can be the same) now i tend to look forward far as i can,never at the ground in front of you, slip the clutch keep revs up a bit and brush the back brake, but always looking ahead,seems to keep it a lot more stable,give it a go

Dave:thumb

I use the pulling against the back brake for real low speeds...

Back
Top Bottom