Help please, Final Drive problem

If you have a nylon strap with a ratchet (the kind you use for securing stuff), wind the strap around the swingarm and secure the strap over the pillion seat and down to the bracket holding the right footrest, and then you jack up the swingarm to a much straighter line....

Oooo.. that sounds like a good way to lose a finger end LOL... :) I've already done one finger in cleaning my bike!.. trapped it in the rear brake somehow?.. made a bit of a mess :mad:

For both the front and rear ujs, once you have the rubber gaiters pulled back, thread a length of electrical wire through the joint yolk. This will make it easier to hold it in position to enter on the splines.

Many thanks for that, this is how I finally mangaged to get it back together. I'm so glad this doesn't need doing very often.

There was no sign of rust on the joints or splines they were dry, not anymore.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.:beerjug:

Many thanks for that, this is how I finally mangaged to get it back together. I'm so glad this doesn't need doing very often.

Hurray, job done. :beerjug:

Can you take it apart again and make a video please..............:D:D:D

That would of been ideal if my hadn't come off the front spline completly.

Changing front and rear brake pads this weekend, hopefully no dramas with this job. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom