Modified end can... if you just want sound its the way to go.....

will go for a blast the weekend and report back. paid £72 delivered from eblag - exhaust had done 600 miles and came complete with clamp and heat shield etc

7 x 7mm holes is equivalent to 49mm hole - or maybe not - who can work out the maths :blast

will go for a blast the weekend and report back. paid £72 delivered from eblag - exhaust had done 600 miles and came complete with clamp and heat shield etc

7 x 7mm holes is equivalent to 49mm hole - or maybe not - who can work out the maths :blast

Not quite.. a 49mm hole would be 1885 mm sq, where as your holes add up to lets say 270 mm sq.. so like 7 times smaller :)

Probably not the best area to announce this, but I have a brand new take off 33/16 bought from this parish, now realised my bike is a Euro 4 so if anybody wants it, 100 quid delivery included to the UK, for info delivery from Germany is costing me 20 quid...........:beerjug:

Have you tried it yet?... any vibration increase?.. how does it go?... maybe 10mm holes or additional holes would be even better?? :)

Had a quick half mile blast night and it seems to have no detectable vibration. I am happy with the sound. Longer ride weekend:D

All I really wanted was bit more bass lol. If you keep making the holes bigger you pass the point of no return. I also like the option of covering all the holes with a 59mm stainless round plate if needed.

What was the length of drill bit you used?

Cheers

Cheers i'll look at ordering one

Had a quick half mile blast night and it seems to have no detectable vibration. I am happy with the sound. Longer ride weekend:D

All I really wanted was bit more bass lol. If you keep making the holes bigger you pass the point of no return. I also like the option of covering all the holes with a 59mm stainless round plate if needed.

let us know.. the first unit i tried was scrap.. but I have a second good unit so will do the same as you've done.
Next I'm going to powder coat the scrap unit dark grey, see what that looks like ;)

Thanks for sharing.
I just did the same, bought a almost new euro 3 stock exhaust, drilled 7 holes.
Love the exhaust note so far!

My bike is euro4, I noticed the exhaust side throw me more heat than before.
It should be due to the euro 4 and euro 3 thingy?

Thanks for sharing.
I just did the same, bought a almost new euro 3 stock exhaust, drilled 7 holes.
Love the exhaust note so far!

My bike is euro4, I noticed the exhaust side throw me more heat than before.
It should be due to the euro 4 and euro 3 thingy?

What size holes did you do?... any additional vibration?

Back
Top Bottom