Meet in Maldon

cbritton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last year we had a local meeting at the Queens Head PB in Maldon every 2nd Wednesday, I think. Well now it's summer again is anyone interested in starting up again ? April 12th ?

Cheers, Colin.
P.S I think we should do some rideouts this time.

:beerjug:

I think it was every 2nd Thursday. It is a bit of a way for me to go, but I suppose I could make the effort ;)

PS:Who told you it was summer?

too far for me I'm afraid

Speggo, you could get there in your slippers and if I recall you sometimes did!

I on the other hand can't make it this year, or for the foreseeable future, as by the time you have your first meet, I'll be living in Mill Creek Washington, just north of Seattle. Even with a GS, it's too far to travel.

C'mon Essex, this was a meeting worthy of attending and adding ride-outs would only increase its potential.

Have fun.

Lamble.

Thanks Speggo,

Well lets make it 2nd Thursday again then. Anyone else interested ? or is the whole of Essex just too apathetic ?

Cheers, Colin.

I'm game! I don't think I can do this month due to prior commitments, but I'd be up for May.

:beerjug:

David

DavidHale said:
I'm game! I don't think I can do this month due to prior commitments, but I'd be up for May. :beerjug: David

Ditto what David wrote.

I'm in Wapping but my (ex)wife lives in Hutton. Does that count?

Richard (Wapping) Nash

In fact, make that a definitely, once I've got the fecker fixed up, and even if I do sell it, I'll still come, and pretend whatever I get instead is a BWM!

That's better, any more ?

Come on I know there's more BMWers than that in Maldon......

2nd Thursdays

One problem with 2nd Thursdays seemed to be a clash with a bike group gathering near Burnham. If you did make it a Wednesday, then one ride out could be to Gt Bentley, always worth a look.

Just a thought. :thumb

Lamble.

I'm not in Maldon. Does that mean I'm not allowed?Maybe I could sneak in under cover of darkness.

Me game...

..again :D

Had some good meets last year. Shall we say Queens Head 2nd Thurs of each month starting next Thurs 13/4 from 7pm (bit earlier to catch the daylight)

All welcome (from anywhere) of cause :beerjug:

I joined in a couple of times last year and indeed it would be great to start it again.
Next Thursday should be OK but will need to confirm early next week.
thanks for the initiative....

Having started the thread I'm now going to have to get there later as I have to go to Dublin for the day. I hope to see you all (even angoo).

Will Lamble make an appearance before going stateside ?????

Colin.

Lamble said:
One problem with 2nd Thursdays seemed to be a clash with a bike group gathering near Burnham. If you did make it a Wednesday, then one ride out could be to Gt Bentley, always worth a look.

Just a thought. :thumb

Lamble.

Good point. I suggest we go with 2nd thursday to start with and then if the clash is a problem we can alter the date later.

PS: Just noticed typing is a lot harder when you have just come back form the Queens after a few pints of excellent IPA :D :D

Depends on the embassy

cbritton said:
Will Lamble make an appearance before going stateside ?????

Colin.

If our visas arrive in the next day or so then probably not, on the other hand I might be able to drive over on Thursday if the embassy maintains it's level of inefficiency.

I've sold the GS so it will be metal box I'm afraid. But would be good to see you all for one last time...to reaffirm why it's such a good idea to go, if nothing else! :thumb

Thurs 13th

Bit wet in parts...

HPIM0498.jpg

Kept alive by food...

HPIM0499.jpg

Hope for better weather/turnout next time

:)

Back
Top Bottom