Hartside Police

shelob

Talking to a bike cop yesterday, they have an inspector that hates bikers and he is planning to use an act passed in 2002 against bikers on Hartside.

The act if full of "grey" areas and says that anyone who is acting (riding) in a way that could cause someone a disturbance is committing an offence, the way this is dealt with by the police is: on the first offence you are given a verbal warning which is followed up with confirmation through the post. If you are caught again in 12 months your bike is impounded, it costs you £125.00 to get it back PLUS £12 per day storage costs.

Also you have to walk home !!!!!!!!!

Talk about a way to improve police relations.

In his defence the bike cop I was talking to said he did not agree with this policy but if he is told to act on it he has no choice.

Maybe something to remember if you're making a lot of noise out of your race can going up Hartside

S59 - No one with an ounce of common sense has anything to fear from this piece of legislation.

No Police presence on the Top whilst I was there.....

..........a few Tossers though........1200 Adv's - Common as muck! :D :thumb

There was when I was there, 10.30 & 15.30 ish
Saw 2 12 ADVs there too :thumb & any amount of 12GS`s & millions of general motorbikes :( Now I know why I try & do my rideouts through the week!
I was a bad lad & rode beyond my capabilities & while doing so ground out the left hand side H&B engine bar :eek:

Disgraceful! Your kind of behaviour will ruin motorbicycling for everyone... :thumb

Hartside crap, full of hairpins, bikers, cops and ambulances. Use the 689 Brampton Alston road and the 6277 Alston to Middleton in Teesdale road...

BUT keep quiet about it... far more smiles per miles :D

:clap :clap :clap

I use 687 Brampton-Alston, then to A686/B5305Hexham and onto Bellingham, kielder then via Newcastleton, Canonbie, longtown to Carlisle. :D Too many sportsbikes seem to be comming down hartside not tucked in enough on the right handers (theirs).

evenflow said:
Bellingham, kielder then Newcastleton
Too many sportsbikes seem to be comming down hartside not tucked in enough on the right handers (theirs).

Just as bad on the Bellingham-Keilder section.. GSXR nearly cleaned me out a few weeks ago, couple of corners further on another GSXR lying amongst the trees.
Sadly a 38 yr old Rider crashed & died at Stannersburn on Sunday :(

Sadly a 38 yr old Rider crashed & died at Stannersburn on Sunday

Got to the crash site just after it happened on the way back from Keilder. For some reason he didnt make the bend and went straight into the trees. The scene was horrific. A very, very sobering incident. Sincere condolencies to his family.

Back
Top Bottom