BMW Trousers - which?

(RIP) Sugar Ray

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been down to Rainbow at Sheffield today to try on some BMW trousers, but can't decide which to buy. For some strange reason, my leather trousers, which have been OK for the last 3 years, seem to have started shrinking recently :D :D
I liked the fit & look of the AirFlow 2 trousers and also the Voyager 2 trousers (salopette style). I'm a bit concerned that the AirFlow 2 seem designed for summer use, whereas the Voyager 2 say that they are OK for summer & winter. Bearing in mind how expensive the BMW gear is, has anyone any experience of these 2 styles that might help me make up my ming?
Thanks,
Charles

Can't comment on the Airflow, but the Voyage 2 are a fine trouser which I wear over my jeans on my commute or over long-johns on longer trips. Comfy, waterproof and the sallopette top can be detached. They are an improvement over the Voyage and better than the Savanna with Goretex liners which I also use for off-roading.
Should be some reductions in price soon as the new range of gear is due shortly. Keep your eyes peeled...
Pat.

Don't crash in the Voyager trousers/salopettes! They are not safe. The seams come apart.

the wife has an airflow suit and it is strictly a summer suit .
the only way you could make it water proof would be to wear an over suit .
what you need for commuting is a suit with a drop liner in it either gortex or some other brand .otherwise your either buying a non breatheable suit or a summer suit so unless you want to buy two suits to do the job shop wisely and ask lots of questions and have an good idea in your head of what it is you want the suit to do for you .

most importantly keep your reciept and and dont forget to hagle the motorcycle industry is not in particulary good shape at the mo so they want your money !
:shoot:

Back
Top Bottom