Does what it says on the tin

Nothing new in these sprays, Ive used a can od damp start on my old fergie for ages. Doesnt do the engine much good apparantly and the can get addicted to it, (honest) but it does work, Trust the ozzies to sell it by means of a few rude words :rob

Lou Can said:
Whats wrong with ligher fuel? - Thats what we used to use for all the recalcitrant Triumphs and Commer Vans. That's the trouble with things these days, everything has to be niche marketed :(
LC

Moderator, :rob I want to complain about this post. :nono It centres on the use of one word: "Commer". My father liked them, and Bedfords, and Austin J4 vans. They ruined my childhood. And I did not expect to come onto this forum and be confronted in such a mindless and shocking way.:spitfire
Dearest moderator, is there not some inbuilt mechanism whereby you could ban words like "Commer" and "Bedford".
Oh, the hours being driven along the road by my mother or father, and having to hold the engine cowling up so that they could futter about with gubbings underneath. Never being phased at being stopped by the police as they wondered what was wrong with the vehicle. Never giving it a second thought when my mother went round a roundabout the wrong way because she was so intent on getting something right in the engine. Oh, bugger, I hate them, with a vengeance. Why could they not have just a got a Hillman Minx, or a Morris 1000, or an Austin Cambridge like other seemiongly sane people? :(
Please delete this whole post now, and I shall not return until it is completed -someone phone me and let me know please. Away to lie down, yes I know its bedtime but, still.
"Commer", piece of junk... :eek

As to the spray, never heard of it. Have always used WD40 for those "not-wanting-to-start-moments."

When I was 16, yes u could ride a bike at 16 then, I bought a can of fuel additive, supposed to make it go faster or something.

Not sure how much you were supposed to add but I thought well may as well add the whole tin. This would probably be around a pint of the stuff in a two gallon tank.

So I drive off to experience this new 100% power increase only to bring all the traffic to a complete standstill due to the immense amount of smoke I was making :nono

I think it was call STD some Amerocan shite from Halfords.

Ogmios said:
ahhh... that rings a bell.
back in the dark ages (me;17 years old!) i used something similar on my Garelli Rekord Sports 50.
being young and foolish :rolleyes: i strapped the can alongside the air intake and gave a squirt now and again as i rode along - thinking 'this'll work like a nitrous kit' :bounce1 .....
needless to say i blew the engine :eek:
fun while it lasted though :thumb :D
~~
Og, older and foolish.

HaHaHa that made me laff :bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom