Working in Aylesbury area

SkyGod

What Tyre pressure you running
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I`m working in the Aylesbury Thame are for a month, anyone that wants to have a blast one afternoon do let me know.
Would love to find some nice roads/lanes.
I`ll return the favour if your up in the Peak District.

Get yourself along the B4011 Thame to Bicester road if you haven't already :thumb You can do a 'loop' of Thame -B4011- Bicester -A41- Aylesbury -A418- Thame

The A413 is quite a nice road too from Aylebury to Buckingham (and beyond I believe)

Greetings
I live in Bicester, more than happy to meet up for a blast either Sat/Sun, preferably afternoon. My better half is working so I can come out to play.

My mouth has to be this big so that both feet can fit in.

Back up the Peak District this weekend but will be sure to check those roads out next week.
Cheers

I agree with all those roads (the A413 is good up to the A43 at Towcester though I recall they were going to stick in a whole load of speed limits - haven't actually ridden it for a while so don't know whether they have or not).

Or get over the other side of Oxford; practically any road out of Charlbury for instance.

If you'll let a slow RT with a slow rider along, I'm on for a ride at some point. I'm about 5 miles from Thame.

Paul

Coz said:
Whereabouts? I'm on Bure Park.
Dont know where that is. We could meet up at either BMW Oxford or On Yer Bike on the Aylesbury to Bicester road. If you have a better location let me know.
Im on an 1150 GSA wearing half the touratech catalogue....ouch.

Coz said:
Get yourself along the B4011 Thame to Bicester road if you haven't already :thumb You can do a 'loop' of Thame -B4011- Bicester -A41- Aylesbury -A418- Thame

The A413 is quite a nice road too from Aylebury to Buckingham (and beyond I believe)
I drive the B4011 every weekday (once in each direction :p ) and over the last couple of weeks the slippery stuff has started to appear on it in all the usual places. If you do ride it, then assuming you're travelling in the Thame -> Bicester direction, take extra care on the right-hander as you exit Oakley and also through the esses from the Boarstal/Horton Cum Studley turn to the Brill turn at the top of the hill leading down to Blackthorn. Also, there's often a Talivan in Oakley and occasionally one in Long Crendon so do stick to the 30 limits through the villages :rob

Coz said:

Thanks :thumb , the B4011 is a very nice road, had me grinning like a goon. There was virtually no-one on it at about 11:00 this morning and it was fantastic, how i've missed it for all these years I'll never know. I think the last time I went down it was as a passenger in a car going to Brill when I was 17, I need to get out more! I'll definately do the "loop" again, maybe tomorrow :D :D :bounce1

Good roads around Charlbury

Or get over the other side of Oxford; practically any road out of Charlbury for instance.

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh ......... my neck of the woods ...don't tell em all , I like these roads to my [ slow RT rider also ] self ...........

http://media.putfile.com/Morse

Steve

Steady Eddie said:

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh ......... my neck of the woods ...don't tell em all , I like these roads to my [ slow RT rider also ] self ...........

I wouldn't worry, If i do get to ride out that way you'll probably pass me, i'm no speed demon :rob :eek: ..... Although I do have my moments when the devil makes me wring the life out of the bike for a ten minutes of madness. Like my first ride down the B4011 for example, the bike seemed to have a life of it's own and went quite fast indeed against my better judgement :nenau .... I just don't know what happened :D :D . The worst part of it is that although in my mind I was a speed demon I was overtaken by another bike along the way.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a slow RT if i'm out that way soon, so if you see a soggy GS rider waving at you over the next few rainy days, it might well be me.

Slow RT

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a slow RT if i'm out that way soon, so if you see a soggy GS rider waving at you over the next few rainy days, it might well be me.[/QUOTE

You will know it's me , as I 'm likely to be parked up somewhere , taking the odd photo or two .............

watereverywhere043Medium.jpg

watereverywhere039Medium.jpg

watereverywhere038Medium.jpg

Riseandshine017Medium.jpg

Photosforcalendar003LargeMedium.jpg

Safe riding

Steve

Back
Top Bottom