Squires in winter?

Someone let me know if the landlord lights trhe fire, makes a decent cup of tea or even smiles! Until then im staying away. If things dont improve i will be looking for an alternative venue. The old guy who seems to have retired was a good old biker. If it was cold or raining there was always a warm welcome and a bit of sympathy but this miserable sod who is running it now hasent a clue. Just because squires has a name as a bikers caf he expects us to turn up , part with our money and be treated like shit in return. No thanks.

:spitfire yes SPOT this place should be on the moon no atmosphere since harry left.:topic Jason's still there and harry and his misses showed up on Tuesday night:beerjug: apart from the :ukgser we were the only ones smiling the Coffey's still over priced and crap:mad: AND THE FIRE WAS OUT AS WELL:nenau

Someone let me know if the landlord lights trhe fire, makes a decent cup of tea or even smiles! Until then im staying away. If things dont improve i will be looking for an alternative venue. The old guy who seems to have retired was a good old biker. If it was cold or raining there was always a warm welcome and a bit of sympathy but this miserable sod who is running it now hasent a clue. Just because squires has a name as a bikers caf he expects us to turn up , part with our money and be treated like shit in return. No thanks.

That said, and it's all true, where is the alternative for bikers in or near Leeds?

He'll have a long wait to get rich off the odd cuppa I buy. I still like the buzz on a busy day and for me the main reason to go is support of the YAM lot.

Lets see if it gradually goes downhill or if he twigs that 'customer care' isn't just something other firms do to keep in business.

:beerjug:

I visit Squires everytime I am in Yorkshire. I will be there weekend after next on my newly aquired K1200GT
Love the place.
I still have a reminder of Squires with a steel pin in my ankle when I crashed on the way home from Squires in 197???

Don't know if it's coincidence or not but I was there after a nice little jaunt yesterday dusk time and the fire was doing its best to smolder away and Harry was there with his Chopper (so to speak) :augie ardly buzzing though with only about 30 bikes in the car (?) park.

Squires

I went over to Squires on Wed night just after work( i needed to get my bike out ) I arrived at 6-15 to find the car park empty. On entering the building all I could smell was stale piss. yes stale piss. There was no fire and no atmosphere just a few people that had come in there cars.
Every time I ride away from Squires I make a mental note never to return, but return I always do.
Can anyone think of a cleaner livelier place for us bikers to meet.
there I have had my say.

renagade

nowt else up ere,
they have got ye by the balls.
ye ride 50/100 miles , stop want a brew, its the only drinking hole around.
if ye want an overpriced coffee that is!

will go to another cafe if there was one "biker freindly".
ugg.

Went to squires on Sunday (most of GS bikes were leaving as I arrived - pretty parr for the course:)) it was OK but nothing sparkling. I went for a piss but had taken my helmet in with me and to say I wouldnt dared have put it down anywhere in the pisser is an understatement - I had to go back and ask the girl at the bar to hold on to it for a while (Helmet that is) while I had a slash. The place needs a good clean.
Never eaten there yet but food looked pretty so so.

As for other venues (Ok not all open late on every night) what about

Premier Bikes - Askern (Nr Pontefract)
Jordan Bikes (Leeds)
I seem to remember the Suzuki Club meeting at the Post Office ??(not sure if thats correct pub) near Wakefield.

I am sure if we tried hard enough to "test:beer:" a few pubs or cafes then we could find something??

Rik

Last time I was at Premier Bikes - Askern, the cafe was gone... is it back now, used to be ok there :rob

Premier / Askern

Hi Guy's
No the cafe at Premier has gone. There is a good coffee machine and one or two bikes to look at.

Hi Guy's
No the cafe at Premier has gone. There is a good coffee machine and one or two bikes to look at.

:):augie HOWDO PAUL! thumb yer kept that quiet about the rice burner :mad::topic i take it you will not be NIPPING ALONG to squires on the 19th:mmmm i think the smell will have gone by then:bow

Squires for me ended when the cafe in the village closed :(

I have been twice to the new site and to be honest it was shit.:eek:

I would not visit again.

There are plenty of other places to visit in the area :thumb2

Squires

phew,,chill man,most can remember the old milk bar as it was called,it had to move from the village,all the locals got pissed of with all the noise etc,squires is now out of the way,still causes a nuisance to some folk,get your self over..life is too short...:cool:;):handbag..

phew,,chill man,most can remember the old milk bar as it was called,it had to move from the village,all the locals got pissed of with all the noise etc,squires is now out of the way,still causes a nuisance to some folk,get your self over..life is too short...:cool:;):handbag..

There are a million places I want to ride and squires is way down the list.

The old milk bar had a great atmosphere :beerjug:

I enjoy riding my bike, not looking at bike's in a carpark .

Your right life is to short...to short to visit the same place week in week out...

each to thier own.:thumb2

Just come back from rideout with the missus and called at Squires - seemed ok to me...not changed a lot IMO since Harry left.
Rich

Dazzer, the beauty of going to squires through the winter on the 3rd tuesday is that theres not a lot of bikes to look at in the car park and those that are there are beemers! I agree that on a wednesday in summer or a sunday afternoon its a hellish experience with nothing but pocket rockets by the hundred. Last night the fire was lit, the barmaid was reasonably friendly and the landlord kept out of the way. The place was still cold as the central heating appeared to be of and the place was scruffy but altogether it wasnt a bad night. bit chilly on the way home though!

Back
Top Bottom