Just knocked this up

jaber

Reaction score
Made from Makralon (the stuff that machine guards are made of very very tough)
IMG_0204.jpg

I'm not technical (really :rolleyes: I hear you cry) but why would you put holes just where the maximum crud is going to hit when you can't clean the engine without removing the guard?:nenau

Through flow of air Mutters old chum.
It'd still stop a lot of shite tho'.
Another reason is cooling of sump and more to the point down pipes, them buggers get 'OT !!!

I was thinking of something similar but you don't know how to put the bends in, waht's the best/easiest way to put a kink or angle into purspects?

I was thinking of something similar but you don't know how to put the bends in, waht's the best/easiest way to put a kink or angle into purspects?

Heat bending. You need a machine to do it though if you can find a local plastic vac forming company chances are they'll be able to do it for you.

Neat job :thumb Makralon is good choice too, (shatterproof), not to be confused with common or garden perspex stuff!

And if i don't have access to a machine? can I use something else

You probably could yes....but a bloke comes on the board with a bit of kit that he's obviously put a lot of effort (and probably cost) into making for himself and everyone else, and you just go asking all the ways to rip it off????

With the greatest respect, this is the 'Vendors of innovations' section....go find out for yourself how difficult and expensive it is to make a good bit of kit , or maybe buy one from Mr Jaber and don't be such a tight arse ;)

:mad:

You probably could yes....but a bloke comes on the board with a bit of kit that he's obviously put a lot of effort (and probably cost) into making for himself and everyone else, and you just go asking all the ways to rip it off????

With the greatest respect, this is the 'Vendors of innovations' section....go find out for yourself how difficult and expensive it is to make a good bit of kit , or maybe buy one from Mr Jaber and don't be such a tight arse ;)

:mad:

:( I only asked, yes I had been thinking of making something similar (but that goes around ADV engine bars) but was also looking at other things like screen modifications

Jaber, if you could make one for an 1150 I'd buy it. Ditched my sump guard ages ago but like the look of this :thumb

you can form makralon - or polycarbonate using the 'droop' technique.

Get a sheet and where you want a bend forming, hang it over the edge of a bench - then using a hot air paint stripper type gun, heat the fold line while applying downward pressure to the bit hanging over.

it'll bend along the bench edge , then set where you leave it. :thumb

Thanks for the.

& Jaber, nice piece of kit, and would be interested if you do end up making them for 1150's :)

you can form makralon - or polycarbonate using the 'droop' technique.

Get a sheet and where you want a bend forming, hang it over the edge of a bench - then using a hot air paint stripper type gun, heat the fold line while applying downward pressure to the bit hanging over.

it'll bend along the bench edge , then set where you leave it. :thumb

Conclusive evidense (it works)

Makralon shite catcher doin what it does:thumb

IMG_0211.jpg

Back
Top Bottom