Will 1150 rear shock fit 1200?

emc

I have an Ohlins rear shock on my 1150. Anybody know if it wll it fit my new 1200?

Ta,
Eddie.

i can't say it won't physically fit, but it is certainly a different unit from the ohlins for a 1200.

It seems you are correct - although there are a variety of lengths quoted, it seems that the 1150 shocks are largely 383 mm long and the 1200 are 403 mm (plus possible springing differences) although there is what may be a low-rider version at 395 for the 1200, it looks like and incompatible difference.

Pity, because I have the hydraulic-adjustable one which is £710 on the one UK site I had a look at.

Eddie.

You can do much better than that. Try Motorworks.co.uk. I think you can get an additional discount if you order a pair.

It seems you are correct - although there are a variety of lengths quoted, it seems that the 1150 shocks are largely 383 mm long and the 1200 are 403 mm (plus possible springing differences) although there is what may be a low-rider version at 395 for the 1200, it looks like and incompatible difference.

Pity, because I have the hydraulic-adjustable one which is £710 on the one UK site I had a look at.

Eddie.

your old shock will be worth strong money s/h, but i thought the usual shock ohlins supplies for the 1150 retails at under £450, including remote hydraulic preload? :confused:

Wasn't the Touratech site was it? :D

FFIW I didn't pay anything like that for my hydrolic-adjustable unit - and Cookie's right, resale values are excellent on Ohlins kit.

I'm wondering whether to leave it on th bike as a selling point or take it off and sell it separately. I'll advertise the bike here within the next weeks or so, I get my 1200 GS on Friday morning.

As per Cookies comment below, cheers Whatton

Eddie.

I'm wondering whether to leave it on th bike as a selling point or take it off and sell it separately. I'll advertise the bike here within the next weeks or so, I get my 1200 GS on Friday morning.

Eddie.

sell it separately, but you'll need to be a sponsor to sell either. someone will be along in a minute & take that ad out.

Thanks. I'll wait until it's ready for sale and post it then.

Eddie.

Back
Top Bottom