Bit quiet around here.....

I think someone needs to get a thread going for the next Grand Day Out. :augie

Hi Mandy, welcome to the area. I know Civil, Og, and Thunder, oh and Sue 101 from your neck of the woods. Well I say your neck of the woods, but I'm not to sure about the location of you all.

I've never yet made it to the Emerald Isle but keep intending to so as the years slowly pass. :rob

Ok, our area is mainly flat. Yup flat like Holland. Can be a bit flatish. A bit flatter than a flat thing. But we have big, big skys. Far as you can see in all directions, but a bit sandy and boggy underfoot, and a bit flat.

We have Norwich and Cambridge, an Ipswich an kings Lynn on the four quaters. Norwich has a high Castle but all the other towns are a bit errrr flat.

We tend to call a ladder here an altitude simulator. Cos its a bit flat.

Got lots of airfields around here, some still in use and some deserted. Built cos it was a bit flatish.

Got the Norfolk Broads as well, dug up for the peat. Great for boating holidays, but a bit inland and flat.

Most of us go down to Italy and the Alps three or more times a year coz there not quite so flat flat. :D

We are a nice friendly tribe so come on over for a holiday some time to the Flatlanders area.

oooh!

i used to go to Norwich a lot. :)
early 80's - courier - film footage for Anglia TV - best works canteen in the country, run by two little old ladies :D Wonderful tea and cakes :drool

them roads - FUN :bounce1 when 'making progress' :green gri
ANYhow...

did he mention it's a bit flat up there :confused:

Reading these posts suggest that there 'aint much going on in East Anglia. If there was a little weekend ride in prospect, I would gladly rock up. Not joined an arranged ride before so non solo would be fun - I think.. Hilly or flat, no matter providing that there is a bacon butty at some stage.

Hi Mandy, welcome to the area. I know Civil, Og, and Thunder, oh and Sue 101 from your neck of the woods. Well I say your neck of the woods, but I'm not to sure about the location of you all.

I've never yet made it to the Emerald Isle but keep intending to so as the years slowly pass. :rob

Ok, our area is mainly flat. Yup flat like Holland. Can be a bit flatish. A bit flatter than a flat thing. But we have big, big skys. Far as you can see in all directions, but a bit sandy and boggy underfoot, and a bit flat.

We have Norwich and Cambridge, an Ipswich an kings Lynn on the four quaters. Norwich has a high Castle but all the other towns are a bit errrr flat.

We tend to call a ladder here an altitude simulator. Cos its a bit flat.

Got lots of airfields around here, some still in use and some deserted. Built cos it was a bit flatish.

Got the Norfolk Broads as well, dug up for the peat. Great for boating holidays, but a bit inland and flat.

Most of us go down to Italy and the Alps three or more times a year coz there not quite so flat flat. :D

We are a nice friendly tribe so come on over for a holiday some time to the Flatlanders area.

Cheers Noddy you paint a great picture of your wee part of the world :thumb

:aidan

Cheers Noddy you paint a great picture of your wee part of the world :thumb

:aidan

It's not as flat as he makes out. We have 2 hills here (actually, they are mountains) in North Norfolk. The highest point is 316ft above see level.

I'm planning the first ever ascent of the infamous "Beeston bump" without oxygen soon. I plan to do it at night, as the air is more dense, so less risk of altitude sickness. I should be home for breakfast (Smoke me a kipper).

The Cambridgeshire fens, now they are flatter than a plate of wee wee....

It's not as flat as he makes out. We have 2 hills here (actually, they are mountains) in North Norfolk. The highest point is 316ft above see level.

I'm planning the first ever ascent of the infamous "Beeston bump" without oxygen soon. I plan to do it at night, as the air is more dense, so less risk of altitude sickness. I should be home for breakfast (Smoke me a kipper).

The Cambridgeshire fens, now they are flatter than a plate of wee wee....

Steady on -we have one hill in Cambridge ...Castle Hill. Must be at least 60' high.

mound.jpg
The Normans built a castle on Castle Hill in 1068. It was particularly important to fortify Cambridge, since Hereward the Wake was defying Norman rule in Ely. All that is left of the castle is Castle Mound and a few stones in the grounds of Shire Hall, off Castle Hill, belonging to Cambridgeshire County Council. If you climb to the top of the mound, you get a good view of Cambridge. It is the highest point of Cambridge, and allegedly, if you go north in a straight line, there is no higher ground until you reach the North Pole!

Maybe you could make an assault on this mountain too, Miff?

Back
Top Bottom