AKRA EXHAUST PIC and FINISH QUESTION

edwgordon

Reaction score
attached PIC of new exhaust on new GS1200 TE with streaking marks. Is this right or is it faulty finish to AKRA. Just 1200 KMS on bike/exhaust.

Attachments

• AKRA1.jpg
    AKRA1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 448
Maybe enthusiastic spraying at the dealers with either Wheel Cleaner, or Muc-Off?

Al

I have the Akra on my new toy too, and it looks nice and clean. I had some small 'streaking' on the Akra's I had fitted on my K16, but it cleaned off without a problem. Can't remember what I used though sorry :nenau

What have you been cleaning it with? I'm pretty sure mine doesn't look like that.

Clean it with WD40 and a soft cloth. If it doesn't come off take it back and insist on a replacement pipe.

Tried WD40 as suggested and it worked....... will keep on eye on it though...thanks all for your replies

It's muc-off that does that. Ruins the finish on my Ti akra too.

Wd40 works as noted. Also like the muc-off protector spray (the irony!) which I really rate - but I'll never buy the cleaner spray again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What have you been cleaning it with? I'm pretty sure mine doesn't look like that.

Had it ACFed and cleaned by ALLYEARBIKER last week but then cleaned it myself using Castrol and just car cleaner. Will most likely use MUC OFF in future but not sure what to do to clean exhaust as it really looked shite until I did as suggested here with WD40. Emailed BMW to ask but nothing back yet !!!

I think I'm right in saying allyearbiker 'thoroughly' clean your bike first. My guess is that as a couple of the others have mentioned, some sort of extreme cleaner left on your can for a few too many minutes has done it. The acid test is if you shampoo and clean you can, although it will look like it's gone when the can is still wet, does the staining return as it drys?
From time to time I autosol my titanium Remus with a soft cloth and it brings it up like new. If yer really struggling to get the water mark out and the WD40 dowsnt work, try autosol ....

(I had a new front spoked wheel out of my dealer after they went banzai on it with some sort of cleaner and took half the lacquer off it by mistake .... :thumb2).

Had it ACFed and cleaned by ALLYEARBIKER last week but then cleaned it myself using Castrol and just car cleaner. Will most likely use MUC OFF in future but not sure what to do to clean exhaust as it really looked shite until I did as suggested here with WD40. Emailed BMW to ask but nothing back yet !!!

I really wouldn't use Muc Off, it's too corrosive. Use Castrol Greentec as recommended. You can dilute it 50/50 with water if you want to make it go further - a tip straight from the horse's mouth. ;) Having said that, I cleaned mine pretty thoroughly with Greentec at full strength last week and I've just been out to the garage to confirm there's no staining and it's as new.

.....I cleaned mine pretty thoroughly with Greentec at full strength last week and I've just been out to the garage to confirm there's no staining and it's as new.

An odd thing to worry about at ten to eleven at night, after nearly a week's delay. Obviously the cold trickle of doubt was running down the spine.

An excellent Tosser biker mate service, just the same. Greentec, used neat, does the business, no staining, not even after a week. Good to know, as they say, even though it does sound like a bloody advert on one of the more popular daytime TV channels.

Those from Yorkshire can dilute it 50/50 with water, which is a tighter biker bonus, too. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom