R1300 Akra Exhaust

Joe85

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum, thought i'd share the results of my tinkering over the last few days:

Picked up my 1300 on Sunday, and typically, the moment i got it home it hasn't stopped pissing down. So, in my boredom, i decided to see if there was any noticeable difference between the stock and the Akra with the servo motor both active and disconnected (the Healtech dongle for the Gen 3 S1000R works fine - no dash faults).

Results: Absolutely no noticeable difference between both stock and Akra both with and without the servo. It truly is just a very, very expensive visual enhancement. I advise anyone thinking of ordering one, either with the bike at the dealer, or at a later date, to save their money.

I did record it, and if i get i chance i'll throw it up on youtube so you can hear for yourselves.

Hi all, new to the forum, thought i'd share the results of my tinkering over the last few days:

Picked up my 1300 on Sunday, and typically, the moment i got it home it hasn't stopped pissing down. So, in my boredom, i decided to see if there was any noticeable difference between the stock and the Akra with the servo motor both active and disconnected (the Healtech dongle for the Gen 3 S1000R works fine - no dash faults).

Results: Absolutely no noticeable difference between both stock and Akra both with and without the servo. It truly is just a very, very expensive visual enhancement. I advise anyone thinking of ordering one, either with the bike at the dealer, or at a later date, to save their money.

I did record it, and if i get i chance i'll throw it up on youtube so you can hear for yourselves.

It’s only when you start replacing headers and decatting that performance, following refuelling, can be had.

Otherwise it just looks nice……,

Only my humble opinion of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree , looked at the small standard and thought , oooh , the Akro looks nice and glad it’s not loud . Had the full de cat and de baffled Akro on the old 1250 and it did my head in with the drone noise .

Agree , looked at the small standard and thought , oooh , the Akro looks nice and glad it’s not loud . Had the full de cat and de baffled Akro on the old 1250 and it did my head in with the drone noise .

Never a problem if you are an ex gunner

Sorry mods, didn;t see the other thread.

My friend picked his new 1300 up wednesday with the Akra on, not removable but probably be able to drill and snap out....
the exhaust is as quiet as a mouse, id be mighty pissed on spending the extra dough!!! :confused2:
I had a look, it doesn’t appear as though there is a fixed baffle in the conventional sense. I’ll get a picture.

I note there are some cheaper, rather industrial looking, alternatives on eBay already. And SC-Project and Jekyll and Hyde already have cans in the pipeline.

Looks like you can take the CF end caps off held by 2 screws like on the BMW Akra for the 1250 GS…Then all you had to do was to put a Dremel on the weld spot holding the screw and the DB killer was easy to pull out ! Wonder if the BMW Akra for the 1300 GS is the same way ? But it looks like even with the DB killers removed the results wont be as good as on the 1250 GS because the new 1300 has this huge muffler where the transmission on the 1250 used to reside…Sounds like the new 1300 sounds like the 1100 GS from 30 years ago which sounded like Nothing until BMW brought some sound to the boxer with the 2010 1200 GS…! Hopefully the aftermarket takes care of this problem because a motorcycle without good sound is not worth riding…Boring !

I think the sound of the 1250 GS with Akra slip on & baffle removed was perfect ! Why mess with a good thing ?

It might not be everyones cup of tea but i dont think you'll get much bark out of it until a full de-cat pipes availble because of the pre muffler as BMW call it. All for the Euro bollox !!
If you like them quiet though your laughing :thumby:

It might not be everyones cup of tea but i dont think you'll get much bark out of it until a full de-cat pipes availble because of the pre muffler as BMW call it. All for the Euro bollox !!
If you like them quiet though your laughing :thumby:
It does sound quite tidy with the end can off. Not loud though due to box, as you say.

Flogging mine if anyone wants one at good discount. Used 2 times.

Akra has a nice looking exhaust on their side now and it looks like a full system getting rid of the big breadbox killing the sound is coming soon ! Did anyone take the CF-cap of the BMW Akra slip on off to see if the inserts are as easy to remove as on the BMW stock Akra for the R1250GS !?

Akra has a nice looking exhaust on their side now and it looks like a full system getting rid of the big breadbox killing the sound is coming soon ! Did anyone take the CF-cap of the BMW Akra slip on off to see if the inserts are as easy to remove as on the BMW stock Akra for the R1250GS !?
I did, yeh. It’s pretty much inpossible without completely stripping the can apart.

60e3fabda7ac257b32c11fa8e704a27c.jpg

Well done for this fella, it allows us to make an informed choice. My choice is to stick with stick coz I just can’t see any reason to change (apart from looks)

Joe85...Thanks for posting this ! Could you post one more picture please if there is a possibility to use a hole cutting saw to get the insert out ? Thanks again ! These EU fucks dont make it easy to get a decent sounding exhaust note dont they ? But as it looks the EU will be no more soon and with this all this emissions nonsense !

The aftermarket Akra has these stupid rivets to remove the CF endcaps but with the inserts welded in instead of a spotweld more drastic measures have to be taken...Unfortunately ! It was easy on the 1250 to take the insert out on the Akra sold by BMW....Perfect sound.Not too loud to get tinnitus but deep boxer boom...While the valvetrain of the 1300 seems louder than the exhaust...Not good ! Hope Akra makes a full system soon ! Of course competition only... ;-)))

Back
Top Bottom