Which small storage bag?

Deleted account 200502001

Reaction score
Id like a small luggage/storage bag with easy access whilst sat on my GSA. When I approach my works car park barrier I need to access my wallet containing my swipe card and I find it a pain having to struggle into my pockets for it with gloves on. I could then put my wallet/phone in there whilst riding, and take them out when I stop. A full size tank bag might be over kill, so are there any other bags that can be mounted somewhere for easy access?

Givi Tanklock.

3d601-7.jpg

Al

$T2eC16F,!zEE9s3!(IipBRkFl5ekV!~~60_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

Cheap as chips........(well under a fiver for a fully waterproof one on Ebay)

I wouldn't go putting your wallet into a bag attached to the bike........it sounds ideal initially, but you're guaranteed to forget to put it back onto your person at some point :nenau

I actually use a Kriega pack.......big enough for wallet, keys, phone, camera and bike docs :)
ALso totally waterproof and it stays ON YOU so there's no chance of forgetting to take it with you off the bike

Alt_Kriega_R3_Specimage2.jpg

Kriega R3 looks good. Not sure if it will fit my waist! :eek:

I'm a fat git and it fits me......in fact, I've just opened the belt up to max and it's 52 inches with the buckles closed, so as long as your waist (with riding kit) isn't any bigger than that, it'll fit :)

I've also got one of their Cube things (half a litre capacity) which goes on the webbing (that's where my camera goes) and I have a Leatherman on it as well........really excellent kit

The bag itself is (apparently) 3 litres, although as with all Kriega stuff it can be compressed down......there's a waterproof flap pocket and the main bag itself has a waterproof lining that rolls down and clips up.

Touratech do a variety of tank bags, right down to a quite small one that I used on two different GS's and now on a 1600 GT and two sports bikes, the fit being all but universal. The bag has clocked up thousands of miles.

Why is it good?

1. It's not large

2. It has the good map / route carrier on top

3. It will carry a spare visor

4. Plenty of room for a phone, camera and other bits of tat

5. It (like all TT tank bags) has a very neat single credit card holder..... Great for holding a credit and a payage ticket for French motorways. It would suit you to a tee.

Have a look at the Wunderlich handlebar bag. I use one, and it fits enough essentials in to make a tankbag redundant.

Back
Top Bottom