Thoughts and recommendations on tracking devices

buellzebub

Maximum Mayhem
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
With the latest spate of thefts of 1150's, as well as improving security, my thoughts have been returning to the idea of getting a 'proper' tracking device fitted. I've been looking at the offerings from Tracker, Bike Trac and Datatool, which on the surface look quite expensive but will pay for themselves if they can secure the return of my bike!
What thoughts, experiences (good or bad) and recommendations or avoids do you have.
I've used the search button but not really found anything so I'd really like to hear your views. Thanks in advance,
Mick.

I've been thinking along similar lines There appear to be cheaper gadgets out there but many seem to not work if the bike is in a van or steel storage container From initial research the best type employ VHF radio as well as GPS?

I've looked into this as well. Expensive. But i also suggest that if you get one, tell no one...that inc friends. .

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

A friend of mine had a Land rover stolen from his drive in Wales. It had a tracker and the signal was received (in Liverpool). Unfortunatly the police couldn't have been less interested. Eventually the signal died and he lost the vehicle.

Whether they are worthwhile depends on your estimate of anyone doing something about it if it is tracked.

Back
Top Bottom