Klim or Rukka

When I press ganged my Rukka Armax into winter service on longer hauls with temps around Zero C I found the stock thermal inner wasn't enough to keep me from freezing my Moobs off and had to remember the heated Gillet to keep them and the kidneys happier .<snip>

That's why I like my Rev'It GTX Defender suit - the thermal liner is very effective. It's not all good though. Rev-It UK tried to tell me they'd have to send it off to Gore (which was apparently going to take weeks) before talking to me about the waterproof pocket that wasn't when the suit was less than a fortnight old. This was apparently because some of their customers have intentionally made holes in them to get an exchange :nenau (nice to know they think we're all dishonest); fortunately, after initially asking me to talk to Rev'It the vendor changed the jacket anyway. The leg Velcro has never worked properly on one of the legs and keeps coming undone. It was a definitely a mistake to buy the grey jacket as it looked absolutely filthy within a few weeks and, despite being washed more times than every other jacket I own combined, still does (unlike my grey Klim). There's no denying how warm and dry it is though.

Thank you for the under-Klim suggestions.

Kevin

I have now bought the aforementioned Klim Badlands Pro suit from Crescent Suzuki in Verwood, who have a significant clothing range.

The next few months will determine how good the Klim is, but it's certainly got masses of ventilation.

I will get the Rukka to Hill4Leather for repairs to both the jacket and trousers and offer for sale my HG suit (on here first) that is just a smidge too small.

ymfb - curious how you are getting on with the badlands. i am planning to go to crescent this saturday to try one on
are the trousers also good or a bit heavy and restrictive? cheers

Had Badlands Pro since January, very pleased with it.

Bought mine in US when there on a business trip, saved enough to buy a new lid and gloves.

Just bought the Armaxis today on sale or return. I'm trying the BMW Streetguard tomorrow, but so far the Rukka seems to tick all the boxes.:thumb

I find the cold and have noticed that my Lady Rukka jacket is not as warm as a mans Rukka jacket I picked up in the sale. Most of the time I use a Rukka suit and when its really cold I add a Gerbing jacket. Rukka may be expensive but remember the guarantee. My trousers have been replaced 2 times due to fading and my jacket was changed when it developed a problem. Each time I got the latest model, do Klim offer this, I think not.

In summer I use a BMW Ralleye 3 suit. I compared it to the Klim but the BMW has better venting. I did a lot of sliding down the road once in my BMW suit and it barely has a mark. I watched someone come off a bike, slide down the road and he need medical assistance for all the blood coming out of his arm as the suit had shredded.

I do have an aerostitch suit but again i don't find it very warm.

My trousers have been replaced 2 times due to fading and my jacket was changed when it developed a problem. Each time I got the latest model, do Klim offer this, I think not.

Klim has a lifetime guarantee....

Back
Top Bottom