Up the west side

gspod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
We are attending a bike meet in Bulgaria (roughly in the centre) towards the end of August.
We would like to travel home via N.Greece, Albania, Montenegro and Croatia, however we only have 8 days to get to the Slovenian/Austrian border.
We are happy to make up time on a motorway but for no more than 3hrs a day, otherwise we like the back roads.

Opinions please on whether 8 days is enough to enjoy the ride, have a day off on the beach and maybe a bit of light trail riding.
I know I could plot it into google maps and do the maths but I find there are always so many variables so thought I'd seek some inside info, advice and thoughts.

Many thanks
:beerjug:

Hi
We are attending a bike meet in Bulgaria (roughly in the centre) towards the end of August.
We would like to travel home via N.Greece, Albania, Montenegro and Croatia, however we only have 8 days to get to the Slovenian/Austrian border.
We are happy to make up time on a motorway but for no more than 3hrs a day, otherwise we like the back roads.

Opinions please on whether 8 days is enough to enjoy the ride, have a day off on the beach and maybe a bit of light trail riding.
I know I could plot it into google maps and do the maths but I find there are always so many variables so thought I'd seek some inside info, advice and thoughts.

Many thanks

No worries, you can do Greece - Trieste in 4 - 5 days if you push it. M & M should be able to help you with some routes ;)

Hi

Many thanks

Hi i did the same route last year and i think it will be enough time to go and come back however no more joy time spend. U can use the motorways as it will be quicker to reach the destination if u are in short time.

Thanks for the replies.
Not all, but most, of our holidays are leisurely affairs pottering around and stopping for a few days here and there.
I guess this will be more of a motorbike trip than camping holiday on motorbikes but I'm sure it will be worth the odd few hours on the motorway.

Happy hols

Back
Top Bottom