hello !!!!!!!

hi8prt

Reaction score
Hi all, thought I should introduce myself. The name is Phil a soon to be a 62 year hgv driver that rides bikes as part of my therapy lol !!!!. I am very much into the cruiser scene and this is my baby, she's a 1500 kawasaki drifter 2001 with modifications.

not everyone's idea of a touring bike but believe me she does the job very well. 2013 as well as UK trips I did 2800 miles through Spain and Portugal in 14 days

and just returned from a 14 day adventure covering 3800 miles from Rotterdam through Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Belgium on route back for the ferry.

so you ask why have a joined the group, well I feel that a second bike is in order to keep my old girl company at night. A mile muncher that is easy to keep clean over the winter months. Don't get me wrong I ride my bike ALL year but you have to give it a good clean after a run in the winter due to the salt on the road and although I enjoy cleaning the bike it can take time and you don't always feel like it on a dark cold night. So I'm currently test riding a few adventure style bike's and at the moment the 1200GS is in the lead but I still have the 1150 to test which I am keen to ride as it is said to be the best of the GS range. I have now just got under the table so as to avoid the hail of abusive comments from the 1200 owner's "LOL" please don't take it personally as it's the 1150 owners that told me this. Well watch this space and see what ends up as my old girls stable mate. "ride safe " cheers Phil

Welcome to the madhouse. With your sense of humour, you'll fit in just fine.:thumb:D

Oh, and the 1150 owners tell everyone the 1150 is the best GS. It isn't.:comfort Enjoy the test rides though!:JB

Back
Top Bottom