Gearbox !!! Oh No !!

MATKAT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Warranty ran out on the 14th March. Just returned from a ride out and yeap..gearbox problem. :( When you change down it appears that the return spring is not working all the time. Has anyone else had this problem. the bike has done 14500 and had the box replaced at 5,600. Of course I have not renewed the outragous £659 warranty, I reckon BMW might know something we dont. Well now i'll find out good my freindly local dealer is now

Could it be a similar problem to the one some of the 1150's suffer from? where the arm just needs greasing.

greasing

Yes, the thought had crossed my mind..................... as everything appears to work and it does return in some gears, figure there is only one spring, reckon i'll look at that closer thanks :beer:

Definitely worth greasing the linkages thoroughly......good luck.

I hope something so simple a greasing a linkage sorts your problem. However if not, I wondered if the new gearbox has a separate warranty and would run from date fitted, rather than from day 1 of bike warranty. Just a thought.

1200GS supreme

Yeap, you guessed right. just the linkage needing oiling. Top marks to Clarks who as normal were outstanding with there service. Faith restored :D

Back
Top Bottom